Friday, March 11, 2011

catching up.....

Howdy,

I can't believe a week has gone by already since I've been on here!  Children  have been hogging the computer with homework again.  Darn kids!  And I've been so pooped at night that I'm just too tired.  Last week was so crazy busy that I've been doing a bunch of catching up on everything.  Laundry, grocery shopping, bills, cleaning, and TAXES.  UGH!!  I can honestly say that I hate doing taxes.  Not that our taxes are super hard or anything, its just........taxes.....ugh.

But, I do have some stamping goodness to show you.  About a month ago I had actually stamped quite a bit.  I just never showed you all of them. 


I think this was the January issue.  Everything was white on white with splashes of color.  So I thought I'd give it a try. 


No stamps!  Whisper white cardstock.  No ink!  Vintage wallpaper embossing folder, Fun Flowers die, big shot, neutrals buttons, pear pizzaz seam binding, embroidery floss and dimensionals. 

This was so easy to make!  I wasn't sure I would like it, the white on white deal, but I do.  I think it would make a nice wedding card.



You can see that it sticks out from the base but not enough that it would need extra postage.  At least I don't think so.  I didn't mail it to anyone. 

I thought the green ribbon would kinda look like leaves.  I love this pear pizzaz color, its so juicy looking. 

So, I'm all ready for someone to get married.  Anyone?



Alrighty then, let me show you a little of what has been sucking all my time and energy the last few weeks. 



Odyssey of the Mind

We started it in October and it has been alot of fun.  Well, until crunch time came.  Then me and the only other mom that helped out were dog tired.  Trying to get 7 little girls on the same page with you is like trying to wrangle kittens. 

Last weekend we had our competition in Palm Springs.  It was the regional competition and there were several schools there.  Several teams from several schools. 

Our theme was Full Circle and we had to put on a play.  It was a great play except.............the key part of it........got forgotten in the hallway and so we didn't solve our problem.  Oh well.  

We learned alot and I told her if she wanted to do it next year that I would know better how to help out.  The other mom and I were like the blind leading the deaf. 

All in all, the girls had a super fun time.  I so enjoyed being a part of something she'll remember for a long time.  I have lots of great pics to scrapbook.  We still have an ice cream party next week with a slide show.  She is so excited. 

Okie dokie.  Thats it for tonight.  They keep looking at me and asking what I'm making for dessert.  Do I look like Betty Crocker? 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: