Monday, April 30, 2012

friendly box

Hey everyone!  Well, did you do the Week In The Life last week?  I know, I didn't supply very much inspiration around here.  Sorry about that.  I was so pooped every night that I never got on here to post anything. 

I did get my Week In The Life done though.  Well, I got all the pictures and documentation done.  This week I'll be putting it all together.  I got alot better about getting the camera out.  AND, I found the secret to getting shots of my family.............turn the sound off on the camera.  They never knew a thing!  Sometimes, (not often enough) I come up with a good idea. 

So while you're waiting for me to get that together, I have a project idea to show you. 




Medallion and Fabulous Phrases stamps.  Crumb cake, vellum, whisper white and old olive cardstock.  Whisper white craft and black Stazon inks.  Big shot, lable framelits, fun flowers die, little leaves die, paper doily die, hemp, bakers twine, tissue paper, brights buttons, polka dot embossing folder, 3/4" and 1" circle punches.


Isn't this a cute little box?  Final measurements are: 3.5" x 3.25" x  1.5".

I was going to exchange a punch for a customer and it came right before we went to Oregon.  Since she was so patient, I decided it would be nice if I made it pretty before I delivered it.

Here is how you make the box:



I used my handy dandy Simply Scored Tool.  Now, you don't have to have this to make the box, it just makes it quick and easy.

On the 8.5" side you need to score it at 1 1/2" and 7".  On the 11" side score it at: 1 1/2", 4 3/4", 6 1/4" and 9 1/2".

Then snip into the folds.  I forgot to take a pic of that step.  Here, let me see if I can label this.  Hold on.................




Cut on the white lines.  Although I'm sure you'll cut them straighter than my sad lines here.

If you want to stamp on your box, now is the time to do it.  You can't see it here but I stamped the Medallion in white craft ink on what will be the top of the box.  Grab that Medallion stamp while you can, its being retired.




 Take your most awesome Tombow Multi Glue and put the sides together.  This will be the bottom.




Then glue your lid together like so.




I used a 1" circle punch to punch out a place to grab whatever is inside.  You'll see that the punch fits very snuggly inside here.  I had to punch this little notch so I could get ahold of the punch to take it out.  I hadn't done it yet on this pic but I punched out a notch on the lid too.




Side angle



I got lucky that the punch fit just perfectly.




Then I made a cute little tag to go with it.  I cut the doily out of tissue paper.  Then I just ripped (gently) the overhang.  I left it like that because............well, I don't really know why I left it like that. 

This label was the 3rd in from the middle framelit.




A view from the top. 




View from the side.  It is a sturdy little box and didn't take long to make it.  I hope my friend liked it. 

Alrighty then, I've got to get dinner going.  I'm so glad Week In The Life is over.  I love when its all finished but it is a bugger to get done.  I'll show you when I get it done. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: