Saturday, February 6, 2010

ahhhh......the weekend

I'm so glad its the weekend! How about you? It is raining and windy this morning and I'm loving sitting here listening to it. So relaxing.

Then I realized I haven't shown you what we made on Thursday night yet. I had so much fun Thursday. Those ladies just crack me up!


This is what I made my hostess:





I {heart} hearts set (Occasions Mini) and Vintage Labels set(SAB). Rose red ink. Pretty in pink and very vanilla cardstock. Candle, Scallop trim border punch (SAB), Real red satin ribbon (Occasions Mini), wide oval punch, regal rose wide grosgrain and natural hemp.


I almost forgot to take a pic of it. It was already wrapped and I didn't have time to unwrap and then rewrap so I took the pic of it wrapped. I love stamping on candles. I hadn't done it in so long. So easy too.

Let me know if you'd like to know how to do this and I'll see if I can work something up for you.




This is one of the cards we made.




Well Scripted (Occasions Mini). Not quite navy and very vanilla cardstock. Not quite navy ink. Wide oval punch, kraft taffeta ribbon, Bella Bleu DSP, brads and dimensionals.



Isn't this beautiful (if I do say so myself)? So simple but just has such a WOW factor. I think this was the favorite card of the night. Everyone was trying to think of what the flower looked like. Camillia was the favorite, but I think it looks like a gardenia too.









Okay, want to know how to make this flower?



I first saw this idea on Dawn McVey's blog and she got it from someone else's blog. I'll see if I can find the link. eta: Okay, I guess I'm not supposed to link to her blog because she promotes another stamp company. But she is still a genius and I love her stuff. Google her and you'll find her.



Anyway, these flowers are everywhere right now. They are so pretty and you can make them out of any paper. The possibilities are endless.






I just used SU!'s scallop circle punch. Punch out 6 scallops. You can punch out more or less depending on how full you want your flower.





1,2,3,4,5,6.







Then stack them all together. Notice how my scallops aren't lined up with each other? You can if you want, but there is no need. I think it looks a little more natural if they aren't.







Now, take one layer at a time and scrunch the heck out of it. Get those aggressions out!









Oh no! The thumb is back! It could use a little moisturizer too by the looks of it.




Just keep scrunching away until you have a little ball of scrunched paper.







The bottom will be flat and thats a good thing.




Then loosen up the petals. You can make it as scrunchy as you like it.
How many times can I use some form of the word scrunch?



There ya go. A beautiful flower! I do leave the middle (first layer) of the flower pretty scrunched up so I don't see the brad. You like it?











One of the best things about it, you can mail it and not worry about your flower getting crushed. It may look even better! If thats possible.
I'll be back with the pics of the other cards we made. Those pics didn't turn out so great so I'm going to redo them.
Thanks for stopping by today and checking in. I love it when you do that.
Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks for tut.