Friday, December 11, 2009

December Daily 4

See here for the original December Daily post


I wanted to post yesterday but I didn't get any computer privileges. The boy had lots of homework to do on the computer. I keep trying to tell the hubs that a laptop would be so handy............

Anyhow, I almost got caught up on my album. I got all the way to day 9. BUT, I'm not going to show you them all today. Now don't be like that. Its just that I have so much to show you today.

Check this out:

Classic Christmas, Letterpress numbers (retired) and Typeset alpha (retired). Real red, kraft and whisper white cardstock. Whisper white, real red, old olive and versamark inks. 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, fire rhinestone brads, flower filigre brads, real red satin ribbon (new), scallop trim border punch (new), top note die, 1" circle and 1 1/4" circle punches, wide oval punch, silver embossing powder and of course dimensionals.


This is just a pouch/envelope to put my love notes into. Every Christmas Santa writes a note to each kid telling them how great they are doing and stuff, and I put it in their stocking. Well this year the cat, or should I say, Santa, is out of the bag.

Grace has been hinting around for the past few months that we are Santa. She flat out asked me last week if we were and so I figured if she is old enough to just come out and ask then she is old enough to know. She is 9. I think the other 2 were about the same age when they found out.

So this year I will write their little notes and put them in their stockings but I'll also make a copy to put in the album.


See that Real Red Satin Ribbon? There is a whole slew of satin ribbons in the Occasions Mini Catalog that starts Jan. 5. I have directions on how to make this cute little die cut using the Top Note Die for you. Just wait.
First check out my faux stitching.

Groovy huh? I used white ink and a tracing wheel. See that scallop at the top of the envelope? That is a new punch that you can get for FREE during Sale-A-Bration. Isn't it cute? There is a corner punch that matches it too.




Heres where I will write their love notes.

The whole pouch/envelope measures 4 1/2"x 7". The cards are 3 1/2" x 7 1/2".


Okay, you ready to see how to make this cute little tag? I saw this on someones blog last week and now can't find it. If you know whose blog it is please let me know so I can link them up. Anyway, I just thought this was genius.


Take a scrap of paper and gently fold it. Got it? Don't use your scoring blade or bone folder. We want that fold to disappear later.



Wow, look at that finger! It looks like alien hands!

Now, I realize you can't see the outline of the Top Note but you all know what it looks like right? Put the paper at the bottom of the die. The folded part is inside the die. Depending on how high you put the fold will depend on how big the tag will come out.


See? Cool huh?




Now we want to try and get that fold out. On the blog where I found this, the lady sprayed the cardstock with alcohol. I didn't have any so I very lightly sprayed it with water. Then you lay it in the middle of the die and run it through the machine again.





See the fold is gone! Well almost gone. I layed the satin ribbon across the fold to hide it. I used this little shape on another page and you can't see the fold hardly at all.
I just thought this was the neatest idea! I try to be very frugal with my stamping money and so don't own everything in the catalogs. So I was very happy to see another way to get a cute die out of one I already own.
Okay, I will post all the other days tomorrow. I'm so sorry to be going out of order. Next year remember; ink for the printer and enough cardstock to keep going.



Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings, b.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great idea thanks for sharing.
MJDesigns51