Saturday, February 11, 2012

carrots in love

Hey!  Sorry about the absence......again. 

So, I haven't unloaded my camera for about a month.  I had quite a few miscellaneous pics on there and I won't show you them all but, I did want to show you these:




About a month ago I pulled my carrots.  And trimmed back the chili plants.  Those are Poblanos.  I planted 2 different kinds of carrots this year.  They both tasted really good.  In fact I had cooked some for dinner and the Hubs said, "they taste carrotier."  Okaaaaaaaay.......

So do you see those ones on the far left there?




If you don't thin your carrot patch when they are small, you might get this.  Hmmm........and now I'm speechless because anything I think of saying right now is inappropriate.  So I'll just leave it at that.


I am taking 17 on a college tour out of town tomorrow and we won't be back until really late Monday night so I knew I needed to get Grace's teacher Valentines done before I left. 

Then I thought I'd make a point of posting them here so maybe you might get inspired to make some teacher Valentines too.................well, if you needed any, that is.



I {heart} Hearts set.  Crumb cake, whisper white and real red cardstock.  Real red and pretty in pink inks.  Lable Framelits, polka dot embossing folder, big shot, cherry cobbler twine, small heart punch.


These were pretty darn simple to make.  For the smaller ones, I just cut one of the largest Framelits.  For the big ol' Hershey bar I had to cut 2 of the large ones, cut them down and glue together. 




After I cut the Framelit, I embossed it with the polka dots.  The tag is just the smallest Framelit.  Love that baker's twine!



This is one of those peanut butter Snicker squares.  They are about 1" thick so I scored 1/2" of either side of the middle of the die cut and folded.  Doesn't get much easier.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Alrighty then, I haven't had much, if any, computer time lately and I have a squillion emails to go through.  But its going to have to wait until Tuesday.  I hate having a clogged inbox.  Or maybe Wednesday.  I forgot that I have to make Valentine's for my family when I get back.  It would be very unlike me to be ahead on too many things. 

Thanks so much for your continued patience and visiting even though I've been very inconsistent.  Things will smooth out.......promise.

Blessings, b.

No comments: