Monday, June 6, 2011

Mother's Day?

Hidey Ho!  How is everyone today?  We had beautiful weather today.  I hope you did too. 

I still have lots to do tonight so I'm going to be short and sweet.  HA! 

I'm going to try anyway. 

I did a little desk cleaning this weeekend.  I need to organize things a little better with what I got.  But I'll have to wait until school is out to do a really good job of it. 

Anyhow, I found a Mother's Day card that I never showed you.  Its reel purty.


Growing Green and Wonderful Favorites (retiring).  Whisper white and watercolor cardstock.  Rose red and Black Stazon inks.  Polka dot embossing folder, big shot, scallop border punch, pear pizzaz seam binding, aquapainter and dimensionals.

Neat huh?  I really like it.  Now, I did actually send one of these to my MIL.  She loved it.  I just made an extra to keep around for me.  You could just change the wording and PRESTO CHANGO! you've got a great card. 



I popped the center panel up on dimensionals. 



I colored the flower using that Floating Reinker technique some genius made up.  Wasn't me!  Here is how you do it;

Using watercolor paper, stamp your image and emboss.  My white embossing powder is kinda suckish.  Does it get old?  It looks like I need a fresh jar. 

Anyhow, emboss the image and then water it down with your aquapainter. 

Then pick up some color, I smashed my ink pad lid to get a little ink on there.  Don't worry about blending (I'm not good at blending anyway) and let the color bleed where it wants. 

Lay down more color in certain areas to get some shading.  Then just let dry. 

Easy.

Alrighty then, I told you, short and sweet.  Oh yeah, did I mention, I GOT NEW CATALOGS TODAY!  I have swept through it fairly quickly and I love it!  It seems better organized.  I have a big wish list and I didn't even go through it real carefully.  You're gonna love it too!  Let me know if you want one. 

Thanks for stopping by and checking in and hanging around and looking and well, everything else you do here.

Blessings, b.

No comments: