Tuesday, November 22, 2011

December Daily

I know, I know, I said I was going to be on here more often but, .............. I've learned that once you step away from blogging, its easy to stay away.  Same can be said for stamping..........darn it!

Not that I don't have things to share with you (not much stamping anyway) but when I do get time to sit down and write to you.......I just don't feel like it.  Hmph........

This will rememdy that situation............December Daily. 

And like right now, when I do have things to show you.......the dryer just sang to me.  I'll be right back.........................................................




Okay, December Daily.  Its time to stop thinking about it and start getting ready for it.  I've got a pretty good start:


Grace saw me getting this together and said, "Can I do the cover Momma?" 

I couldn't say no.  Besides, ultimately these books are for the kiddos anyway.  So here is her creation. 

Groovy huh?

I went with a half sheet ( 8.5 x 5.5) of cardstock for the pages.  That way I don't have any waste.  And since I don't have a fancy photoshop program I can just print 3.5 x 5 pics from my regular program. 



The patterned paper I'm using for this is the Frostwood Lodge DSP from the Holiday mini.  The colors are Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler (which I don't have so I'm using riding hood red), Whisper White, and Marina Mist. 

So I made the pages Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red and  Confetti White.  I chose Conf. White just because its a little more sturdy than Whisper White.  I just rotated them throughout.  Right now I'm thinking of just having one page per day.  But I can always add more for those days when I have more pics.

I used the same binding as last year since that worked pretty swell. 



Here is a running list I've got going of things I could include.  There are always going to be those days where I don't have a story to tell.  Ali Edwards has a great post talking about things you could include check it out here.  That will give you even more ideas. 

So I feel like I'm ready to go.  My other embellishments are going to be very simple; some hemp, Forest Lodge DSP, punches.  I don't really have a stamp set to go with it this year.   I'm keeping it flexible so we'll see what I end up with. 

I hope you decide to do your own Dec. Daily.  You can look here at my 2009 album and 2010 album for some more ideas. 

Everybody has enjoyed going through the old ones.  Funny how quickly we forget little things.  Even The Boy got a kick out of them. 

So I hope you do it with me.  Everybody has a story to tell. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: