Sunday, November 27, 2011

turkey owls

Hey there!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We went down to the in-laws house for a yummy turkey dinner.  I'm still full.

I have no Thanksgiving day pics.  I know.........you're disappointed.  Me too. 

There were only 9 of us for dinner.  We decorated gingerbread houses.  That has become a Thanksgiving day tradition.  We leave one for Gramma, one for Uncle Danny and take one home for us.  Grace gave us a little concert on the flute.  So cute!  I wish I had taken a video.  I'll have to learn how to do that. 

I do have something stampy to show you today though.  Can you believe it?  Earlier in the week I had made a couple of Thank You cards.  They should have been received by now so I can show you. 


Woodgrain and A Word for You sets.  Soft suede, more mustard, crumb cake, old olive, cajun craze, early espresso, whisper white, pumpkin pie, basic black and bashful blue cardstock.  Black Stazon and crumb cake inks.  Big shot, top note die, owl punch, fun flowers die and dimensionals. 

Its a turkey owl!  Isn't he cute? 

I sent these as a thank you for a couple of online orders I got.  I think they were friends because they both ordered the owl punch.  I wanted to make a card using the punch so they would have an idea that they could copy and since it was close to Thanksgiving I thought it appropriate to turn him into a turkey.  HA!  I crack myself up.  Its probably been done a million times but humor me here. 



I cut off his little ear tufts and used the Fun Flowers die to make feathers.  I couldn't resist giving him some baby blue eyes.  I think he's adorable.  Gobble...Gobble!

Oh yeah, and the top note?  Just cut out a top note then turn it sideways and run it through the machine again.  You'll get this groovy square.  Gobble.....Gobble!

Alrighty then, thats it for today.  I have some more craftiness up my sleeve to show you later.  I hope you're getting geared up for the December Daily journals.  Come on........get ready. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate it more than you could ever know. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: