Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sorting Hat?

Hidey Ho!  I hope today finds you all just wonderful.  The weather is cooling off again.  It was 101 yesterday.  UGH!  (my children just informed me that I'm old because I always talk about the weather.  Well, I think the weather is interesting.....give me a break man.)

Anyway, this old lady has a little Halloween card to share. 

I don't send out Halloween cards.  Well I guess I do now because I'm going to send this to 18, along with a little care package.


Jack of All Trades and Teeny Tiny Wishes sets.  Basic black and very vanilla cardstock.  Black Stazon and more mustard inks.  Howlstooth and scarington DSP, 2 way glue pen and dazzling diamonds glitter. 

There was a card in the latest PaperCrafts magazine the used a layout something like this and so I thought I'd try it. 

Just cut strips of your DSP and lay them all wonky on the card and trim.  Great way to use up those little pieces.



You can see the glitter better here.  I can also see a cat hair in it.  Well she misses her cat so I'll just say I did that on purpose ;)

I had a hard time getting the hat to ink up completely.  Its the first time I've used this stamp and I guess I need to condition it.  (the best way to condition a stamp is to rub it with an eraser or stamp it with Versamark a few times) BUT, I decided that it looked kinda old and Sorting Hat-ish this way. 

I'm guessing everyone knows what the Sorting Hat is. 

I'm going to put this card in the box I'm sending her.  I've got some other goodies in there too.



Grace and I made her a bunch of goodies that she can give to her friends.  She'll give me a hard time that I made them but I'm hoping she will secretly enjoy it. 

Alrighty then, thats all for today.  I hope your weather is more Fall-like than around here. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and hanging out.

Blessings, b.

No comments: