Tuesday, September 17, 2013

coming around

I'm trying to find a new rhythm.  Ever since school/work started again I haven't been able to get a new routine down.  Something is always coming up. 

But things are settling down and so I hope I'm coming around. 

I have lots of pics to show you.  August was an incredibly busy month, and not just for stamping.   So lets catch up a little shall we?


I had my regular club meeting.  This is one of the cards we did.



Giggle Greetings and Dictionary sets.  Crumb cake, choc. chip and watercolor paper.  Crushed curry, crisp cantaloupe, sahara sand and black Stazon inks.  Dotted scallop ribbon punch, summer starfruit ribbon, neutrals buttons, aquapainter and Sweater Weather DSP. 


I just love this card!  I copied the design from a card on page 82 in the main catalog.  My base measures 5 1/2" x 3 3/4".  The banner extends to 4 1/4" so it still fits in a regular envelope.




I used the lids of my inkpads and my aquapainter to color in the kitty.  I know Summer Starfruit isn't one of the colors in the Sweater Weather DSP but I didn't have Crushed Curry ribbon and well heck, I really didn't think anyone would notice.  Did you? 


Lets see, what else happened......




We had an archeological expedition in my backyard. 


Just kidding.  We finally trenched for sprinklers.  I'm surprised you didn't hear me whooping it up in the next few states.  I've wanted grass so llllooooonnnnnnggggggg.

(The tent was mine and Grace's reading cave this summer.  I got her to read the first 3 Harry Potter books.  Yes, I hooked her!)



Then this happened.  Again, I'm surprised you didn't hear me jumping for joy. 




Then this one went back to school. 




Then we had to take this one back to school.  I miss her already. 




Then this one became a TEENAGER!  Holy Moly!



Headline numbers (retired), Dictionary and This and That rotary stamp.  Bermuda bay, versamark, smokey slate and whisper white cardstock.  Bermuda bay, basic gray and whisper white inks.  This and That washi tape, clear embossing powder, big shot, Alphabet press embossing folder, rhinestones, bermuda bay ribbon, chalk talk die and white gel pen. 

This is Grace's birthday card.  She really liked it.




I embossed the numbers with clear embossing powder.  I first stamped the number in versamark, then in bermuda bay and stamped.  Then sprinkled the embossing powder and heat.  Simple!

The white spots are me squishing the lid of my white ink pad and taking a really wet aquapainter, picking up some ink and then flicking it onto the cardstock. 

To get the smokey slate mat, I just freehand cut around the tag. 



This is my last harvest.  I ended up with 8 pumpkins this year.  The garden just didn't do so well this year.  My tomatoes have been limping along.  Those yellow pear ones are from a volunteer plant from last year.  I think I only got 6 zuccs all summer and no bell peppers.  The aphids tried to kill the watermelon but it is now coming back.  A little late though.  I think I'll empty the dirt in my boxes and start fresh.  I'll be planting onions and carrots in November. 

Alrighty then, I still have lots more stampy projects to show you.  I'll be getting right on that. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and hanging out.

Blessings, b.

No comments: