Sunday, October 20, 2013

what?!

How did so much time go by since my last post?  I know, you guys are used to it from me.  But really, its not my intention.  I have lots to show you.

In the last few weeks lots has been happening.

1.  The Boy turned 21.  He went to Vegas to celebrate.........without us.  I have no pic to show you because he is a dork and won't let me point a camera at him, and Heaven forbid he take any himself!

2.  I had my 2nd Holiday Card Class.  (I'm such a loser.  I still haven't shown you the cards from the first one yet.)  Here is the bag tag from the 1st one.


Thats the Ticket set.  Cherry cobbler, old olive and whisper white cardstock.  Old olive and crumb cake ink.  Sticky pearls, bird punch, ticket punch, burlap ribbon, cherry cobbler twine and season of style DSP.  


I usually give my guests some kind of bag to put their finished cards in.  Keeps them from getting lost or squished.  

 

This tag was made back in September and I thought I was fairly clever coming up with the idea of using the wing from the bird punch to create the poinsettia, but recently I saw somewhere someone else (I don't remember who or where eta: it was Mary Brown)  had done it also.  But she used 6 petals on each layer and it looked much nicer.  So if you make one, use 12 petals.


Teeny Tiny Wishes set.  Crumb cake, daffodil delight, basic black and whisper white cardstock.  Soft suede, whisper white and black stazon inks.  Big shot, woodgrain embossing folder, oval punch, bird punch, owl punch and white gel pen. 

This is the bag tag I made for the 2nd class.  I saw this cute little bat on Diana Gibbs blog.  She is a stamping/punching genius.



I inked up the woodgrain embossing folder with the soft suede ink before I ran it through the machine.  I think it looks cool. 

3.  The Hubs and I were invited to a concert at a winery by our house.  It was fun and I did have a little too much to drink.   My camera takes crummy pics. 


4.  On the 12th, Grace had Cosmic pajama bowling with her band class.  They got to bowl in their jammies and eat candy and got a ton of glow bracelets/necklaces........at 7:00 in the morning.  Did she even comb her hair? 



.............and The Hubs had his first official 100 mile ride.


Super proud of him.  He even got a medal.  Such a stud!



 5.  We had our 24th anniversary.  But because we've been so busy we didn't actually get to celebrate until last night.  I surprised him with a night out.  I never get to surprise him!  He guesses everything all the time.  I can't put out Christmas presents for him until Christmas Eve because he will guess what they are just by holding them..........even when they're disguised..........its freaky, I'm telling you. 

Anyhow I made plans for some friends to meet us for dinner and then we went to a comedy club that has opened by our house.  As soon as we got close to the restaurant he knew what we were doing.  BUT, he didn't know our friends were meeting us there.  SURPRISE!  We had a great time!



These are the flowers he gave me.  So pretty!

Here is the card I made him.




Yippee Skippee set.  Pool party, real read, whisper white and crumb cake cardstock.  Soft suede and black stazon inks.  Big shot, expressions thinlits, woodgrain embossing folder, deco frame framelits.

Everything I make him has some sort of wood component.  I inked up the "I freakin'" part, stamped, cleaned it, inked up the "you!" and stamped again.  I freakin' love it!  I know some people did not like the words on this particular stamp but I got a chuckle out of it.  I just freehand cut a heart out.

Alrighty thats it for today.  I do have all the holiday cards we've made at the classes.  Look for those this week.  Plus, Grace and I are working on a project to send to 19 for Halloween.  Never a dull moment around here.

Thanks so much for coming by and hanging out.

Blessings, b.

No comments: