Sunday, November 3, 2013

birthday hairballs

So today I'm supposed to be designing cards for my last card class of the year happening this Friday.  What am I doing instead? 

Watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.  

I am stamping during the commercials.  But instead of Christmas cards, I stamped a thank you card that I needed 2 weeks ago.  Can you say procrastination?

Yes, it did take me all day.  I'm a slow stamper anyway but show a movie I haven't seen before and I'm a whole lot slower.

So you might think that I'd show you the card I just made......... but no.   I want her to see it before I put it up here.  Not that she reads my blog but you never know. 

So I'm going to show you a birthday card I made a few weeks ago. 


Giggle Greetings and Dictionary background.  Crumb cake, pool party, pear pizzazz, whisper white and watercolor paper.  Soft suede, black Stazon, crumb cake and crisp cantaloupe inks.  Big shot, argyle embossing folder, chalk talk dies, aquapainter. 

See the groovy frame around this cute little kitty?  I was on Wendy Weixler's blog and she had done this.  I thought it was so neat!  Just lay both your framelit dies on the cardstock and run it through the Big Shot one time. 

It did leave a line from the inner framelit but I just turned it over and ran my bone folder over the line and it disappeared.  Magic!



My friend has cats which is why I choose this stamp.  I tried to color the kitty similar to hers but I had a heck of a time.  He is still kinda cute. 

I inked up just the image first with the Stazon.  Then cleaned the stamp and inked up just the words for the banner. 



Then cleaned the stamp and inked up the other words. 

Okay, one more thing before I go.



Grace laid out and separated her candy from Halloween so we could check it and she left this note for us to see in the morning.  Yes, Dad has a bit of a sweet tooth.  He is like a Hoover. 

Alrighty then, thats it for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I love when you do that.

Blessings, b. 



No comments: