Monday, September 5, 2011

here I am


I just wanted to start this post with a happy picture.  My sunflowers are blooming!


Hey there!  I hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day.  Labor Day is an American holiday celebrating, "the social and economical achievements of the American worker." 

That means we get to take a day off work.  WooHoo!

I am very thankful for an extra day off.  The last few weeks have been pretty cruddy.  I won't bore you with details but I'm emotionally and physically wiped out.  I needed a time out.

So I'm going to be kind of quick tonight. 

Last week Grace had a birthday:




Delicate Doilies stamps and classic numbers (retired).  Crumb cake, whisper white and marina mist cardstock.  Marina mist and whisper white inks.  Lace border punch, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8", 1 1/4", and 3/4" circle punches, tissue paper, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter and dimensionals. 

Can you guess how old she is?  Yeah, I have a problem putting ages on birthday cards. 

This is the first time I've gotten to play with anything new.  I really haven't sat at my desk at all. 

I'm starting to love the lace border punch.  Its kind of a tricky little bugger.  Make sure you remove the little pieces after each punch. 

I wanted it to stand out so I punched some marina mist with the 1" circle punch and added that behind.  Groovy huh?


Lets look at this medallion thingy here: 

I used my scallop circle punch twice.  That means I punched a blue scallop then, took some 2 way glue, (blow on it a little to dry some) and stuck it onto a piece of scratch paper and punched again on the scallops.  You get this cute little flower petal , sun, starburst thing. 

Then I punched a 1 3/8" crumb cake circle and with the 2 way glue, drew a line around the edge and dunked it in the glitter.

I stamped the doily with the marina mist ink and punched it out with a 1 1/4" circle.

I stamped the 11 and then punched out with the 3/4" circle punch.  I ran the glue around the edge again and dunked again. 

I had some tissue paper on my desk and decided that would make a perfect little ruffle.  I thought of making the medallion detachable from the card so she could wear it to school but I knew she wouldn't.

So there ya go.  Here is a picture of my sky tonight:



tonight's sunset

Its been rainy and thunderstormy all day.  Which has been a wonderful break from the 100+ temps we've been having.  Even though it was 94 today with 94% humidity, it was a nice break.  Especially since I stayed inside the air conditioning all day :)  The veggies didn't get all wilty today either.  It was like they got a day off too. 

Alrighty, I hope things are going to be getting to a more normal speed around here.  I miss chatting with you. 

Thanks for stopping by and checking in. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: