Monday, August 22, 2011

this 'n' that

Hey Hey Hey! 

I have not been able to spend any quality time with my new goodies.  I got some really neat stuff too. 

Designer frames (pg. 218), Beau Chateau fabric (pg. 196 super excited to use this, those chickens are so cute!), Frostwood Lodge DSP (pg. 28 Holiday Mini),  Cellophane bags (pg. 11 Holiday Mini),  Quilted Satin Ribbon (pg. 30 Holiday Mini), and many other things. 

In the meantime, until I can get personal with my new goodies, I have another non-winning Artisan Award project to show you. 




No stamps!  Night of navy ink.  Real red, pumpkin pie, old olive, pacific point, elegant eggplant and whisper white cardstock.  White craft paint and canvas.

This was a really neat project.  It looked so cool hanging on the wall.  I spent hours and hours rolling those wrinkly roses.  (See here for the tutorial)  I lightly mixed the night of navy ink with the white craft paint so that when I brushed it on the canvas it would have lines and look like blowy clouds. 

In fact the white roses/clouds were a total last minute idea.  We were packing up the projects to mail and 17 suggested white clouds.  What a great idea! 

I have some leftover roses and am planning on making another one to keep. 




Okay, the moment you've all been waiting for...............................a garden update!  WooHoo!!

(just humor me..........again)

I took these pics on Sat. and already things are different.



The pumpkin is growing out of the box.  I had wanted to plant it in the ground but ran out of time and good dirt.  The cucumbers are doing well.  Lots of flowers so I hope I'll get some cucumbers this year.

The fallen branch you see behind them is from the neighbor's tree.  It got really windy one day and I got a tree branch in my yard.  Yipee!





This is the one pumpkin that is growing.  I took this pic on Saturday and I swear that it is 3 times bigger tonight.  Crazy!  2 others withered and there is another one that I think will grow.  I'm so excited to have homegrown pumpkins for Halloween! 


The tomatoes are doing great.  Lots of cherry ones but they won't turn red.  The plant I thought had Celebrity tomatoes is actually a Roma.  Oh well.  I like those too.  The green beans are going like gangbusters but aren't putting on any flowers or beans.  What up?



The harvest so far is, 3 zucchini and 2 yellow squash.  I have more of each that will get picked this weekend. 

I'm always in awe in of how you can plant a seed and a month later you can eat what it grows.  Isn't God great? 

Alrighty then, I still have to clean up the dinner dishes.  Where is the maid?  Oh wait........thats me.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: