Thursday, December 1, 2011

today..........

......is the day. 

The first day of the December Daily journal.  Did you get at least 1 picture today?  Have you thought of 1 story to tell?  I will get my page together tomorrow and I'll show you then. 

Tonight though, I have a card to show you.  Can you believe it?  I stamped!

I wanted to make a Christmas card.  I have our family card all sketched out but I need a family pic........that may take an act of God. 

So I got out all my stamps that are Christmas related.  Yeah, I have 2 sets.  Not much to work with here. 

So I started with Tree Trimmings.  I don't like this set.  There, I said it.  I don't like it. 

Stampin' Up! sent it to me to create display samples with a few years ago.  Because I don't really like it, I thought about how I could use it for non-Christmas things. 

When I opened the box tonight I found that I had started a project but didn't finish.  So I decided to finish it.  I did make it Christmasy though.



Tree trimmings and Teeny tiny wishes.  Very vanilla, red riding hood, crumb cake and garden green cardstock.  Riding hood red, garden green, black Stazon, and Versamark inks.  Clear embossing powder, big shot, top note die, stripes embossing folder, antique brads and stampamajig.

I made a poinsetta! 

Nope, this would not make a good production card.  I made the striped flower a few years ago and I remember it was a challenge to get the petals lined up.  I had to use my favorite tool; the Stampamajig.  Love that thing! 

The stripes embossing folder is new to me and I think its pretty groovy.

 HA! Get it? 

Groovy?


I bought these antique brads during the summer and this is my first time using them.  They are so cool!  They are pretty heavy duty and I love how big some of them are.


Alrighty then, I guess thats it.  Unless you want to see what an A+ state report looks like. 


 A big cookie in the shape of New Mexico.  She even labled Grampa's house.  

Okay, thats all.  I be back tomorrow with my Dec. 1 page to show you.  See, you're going to get sick of me now. 

If you are doing the December Daily, I would love for you to link up a pic in the comments section here.  Or you can email it to me since the comments section has been having problems.  I would really like to see your project. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: