Saturday, August 11, 2012

California Poppies

Good morning!  Hot enough for ya?  Geez!  I'm ready for October. 

I wanted to show you another card today.  This is the last one I've gotten done using Pleasant Poppies (almost wrote poopies again). 



Pleasant Poppies.  Crumb cake, early espresso and watercolor paper.  Pumpkin pie, tangerine tango, poppy parade (retired), old olive and marina mist inks.  Aquapainter, vintage faceted button, linen thread, baja breeze seam binding, 2 way glue pen and dazzling diamonds.  

I made these to look like California Poppies, the state flower.  They grow all along the hillsides in the spring.  Carpets of orange.  Too bad they don't last very long. 

I left off a sentiment.  I couldn't seem to figure out where to put one and then decided it didn't need one.  I used to make lots of cards without a sentiment, maybe I'll get back to that. 



I just love these buttons and can see that I'll have to order more.  You can sorta kinda see in this pic that I did a wash over the watercolor paper before I colored in the poppies.  It came out a little more subtle than I wanted but then again needed it to be so the orange and green would still look orange and green.



A little messy coloring for you. 

Alrighty then.  We've been trying to stay cool.  I've had to water the veggies twice a day.  The poor things. 

The girls have been doing a little special effects photography.  I gotta show you, I think its so cool.











This is my favorite one.  Cool eh?  You can follow Robin on Instagram: robin709  She takes lots of cool pics. 

I can't follow her on there because I don't know how.  She is the only one in this house that knows anything about technology.  What am I going to do when she is gone? 

Apparently its time to wrap this up.  People are telling me they are starving!  Right, like someone will starve in this house...........hmph.

Thanks so much for stopping by and hanging out.

Blessings, b.


No comments: