Thursday, August 23, 2012

tweet tweet tweet

I love birds.  I don't want to own any.  I just like them in my backyard.

side story:  I once owned a canary.  Lovely bird.  At the same time I also owned a cat.  Lets just say the poor bird's cage had so much duct tape on it because the cat would jump from the counter to the cage and it would fall down and crack.  How that bird survived I'll never know.  We ended up finding him a new home.......with no cats.  

18 made me a ceramic bird house for Mother's Day and I would love to put it out but I'm afraid the cat would kill any little birdies that she finds.  She is an excellent mouser, grasshopperer and lizarder.  Catching a tasty bird would just be extra yummy.

So I was still trying to get a thank you card made (no such luck yet) and made this card instead.  I had the base laying on my desk from a failed attempt at something else and reasoned that I needed to get it off the desk before I made the thank you.  Sounds logical right?

Ready?


For the Birds.  Crumb cake and watercolor paper.  Marina mist, soft suede, real red, black Stazon and sahara sand inks.  Big shot, labels framelits, bakers twine, Aquapainter,  wood button, chevron embossing folder.


Isn't she/he cute?  I should have made him look like a canary.  Next time. 

Its not often (like never) that I do a one layer card.  It just seemed to work though. 



See the shape of the die cut.  That is my Groovy Square.  You can see here how to do it

See that button?  That is one of the new buttons in the catalog.  They are wood and you get 3 differnent styles. 



I've been loving the watercoloring lately.  I use my Aquapainter and the smooshed ink from the lids. 

I like this design.  I might try it with the Christmas bird too. 


Alrighty then, school has started here.  The big kids start on Monday but Grace started this week. 


My big 6th grader/middle schooler.  I can hardly believe it.  So far she has thoroughly enjoyed it.  So far.  I know that won't last. 

T-minus 36 hours before I willingly move 18 out.  The Hubs has informed me that if I cry all the way back home that I'm not allowed to go.  Or he'll tie me to the roof rack.  Such a swell guy. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and hanging out. 

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

mary noble said...

Love how you used the Chevron EF on half the card!