Tuesday, August 7, 2012

what just happened?

I swear, in the blink of an eye a whole week is gone.  Did I get anything productive done?  Well yeah, but not much.  Not as much as I should have. 

I go back to work next week and even though my mind is in hyperspeed thinking of all the things I wanted to get done this summer, my body is saying, "Screw it!  I just want to relax." 

So there is a tug-of-war everyday. 

We've been watching the Olympics.  I've always loved the gymnastics.  It amazes me what these people can do with their bodies.  You would think that would inspire my body to want to do something....mmmmm........no, not so much.  It was also 107 here today and that doesn't help. 

So instead of working on the yard, I've been stamping.  WooHoo!  I got those new sets a month ago and haven't even inked them up.  Ack!

Here is one that I've finished.




Pleasant Poppies and A Word for You.  Whisper white, shimmery white and poppy parade cardstock.  Poppy parade, old olive, early espresso, Black Stazon and Versamark inks.  Woodgrain embossing folder, big shot, window frame framelits, white embossing powder, aquapainter and dimensionals.

The first set I'm starting to play with is Pleasant Poppies.  I got this idea from Kristina Werner's blog.  

 I swear everytime I try to type that out it says, Pleasant Poopies.  Which may be pleasant but thats not what we're talking about here. 




This is a 4.25" x 4.25" card.  I like how the colored poppies (poopies) kind of lift off the card. 




I don't know why this pic came out dark.  I colored on Shimmery white cardstock.  You can see the shimmer here.  That is one of the other cardstocks we carry that can withstand watercoloring. 

I had a heck of a time though trying to shade them right.  I may do them over again.  Although they look better in person.  They are kind of drab here. 

One of the things I need/want to do is go through all the pics I took while at my dad's.  I wanted to show you a few from the ride home. 

We took the train home.  Never again.  When I am on the way home, I just want to be home and the train just takes too long. 

I'm sure you've seen the movie Cars.  Well, here it is in real life:






Radiator Springs anyone?

Then when I got home I harvested these:


This was my entire grape harvest this year.  They were delicious!  Hopefully I get more next year.

And look who is perturbed that mommy is back home and wants to use her chair?




I swear everytime I get up she gets in there.  Dang cat! 

Alrighty then.  We have been getting things together for 18 to get ready to move to school.  She finally got her roommates info and they've been emailing.  That, along with the pile of stuff we are accumulating to pack, I think she is finally getting a little excited to go.  I know she is scared too but I'm trying to be "Brave Mommy" and not talk her into staying home.  Its getting so close. 

Since I'm taking advantage of the heat and giving myself permission to stay inside and stamp, I acutally have more to show you.  But I don't want to put you into shock so I'll wait. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Stay cool!

Blessings, b.

No comments: