Sunday, September 9, 2012

sparkle in "g"

Hidey Ho!  I've heard that it is starting to cool down in parts of the country.  It was 102 here today......and humid.  YUCK! 

I'm such a sticky whiner............

Grace is in band again this year.  The Hubs was nominated Booster President.  No, I am not calling him our Commander in Chief. 

Anywaaaaay, she needed a new name tag for her flute case.  First I made this one:




Music wheel.  Soft suede and very vanilla cardstock.  Crumb cake ink.  Scallop border punch, linen thread, neutrals buttons, glass glitter, big shot, simple letters die (retired).  

I really like this one.  The glitter will tarnish and I thought it was so pretty. 

But then I got to thinking.  Grace loves blue.   Hmmmmm.......didn't Stampin' Up! used to have blue glitter?  And don't I still have it? 

Yes, of course I do because I never get rid of anything.  So here is the next version.



Music wheel.  Pool party ink.  Pacific point, whisper white and tempting turquoise cardstock.  Big shot, simple letter die, white baker's twine, neutrals buttons, blue chunky glitter (retired), scallop border punch.

So you can tell which one she chose. Bright and sparkly, just like my girl. 

Since it is so bright and sparkly the teacher couldn't help but see it.  He picked it up and showed the class so they understood what he meant by a name tag for their instrument. 

She was torn between being mortified and proud. 

I think thats how my kids feel most of the time about their parents.  Probably more on the mortified side though. 

Alrighty then.  I have lots of cards in the hopper to show you.  I might get some regular postings going on around here for a change. 

Thanks for stopping by and stay cool.

Blessings, b.

No comments: