Saturday, September 1, 2012

ch ch ch changes...........

 What a crazy 2 weeks I've had.  Okay, week and a half. 

First, we moved 18 into her dorm. 



Yes, we have smiles here but it got ugly.  A few hours later I left her there.

 By herself. 

Without me. 

I have to say it was probably the hardest thing I've ever done.  The car ride back was not pretty.  Not pretty at all.

But Skype is a beautiful thing.




Then later in the week Grace had a birthday.



...........sigh..............

I made her a card. 



Storybook Friends, retired number set and polka dot background stamps.  Crumb cake and watercolor paper.  Whisper white craft, black Stazon, crumb cake and soft suede inks.  Stitched grosgrain, wooden buttons, aquapainter, jewelry tag punch, and linen thread. 


I just love the Storybook Friends stamp set.  They are so cute and remind me of first grade when we read the Dick and Jane books.

Yep, I'm that old.



I love these wooden buttons too.  And the ribbon?  That is new this year.  I think its called Stitched Grosgrain.  For some reason the white makes me think of shoelaces. 




This puppy just makes you smile doesn't it?  I only used Soft Suede here.  I just layered on color as it dried.  It doesn't look so great up close but at regular distance it seems to blend more.  Or maybe that is just my old lady eyes. 

Alrighty then.  Today was the first day in I don't know how long that I didn't have to go somewhere or do something.  So I didn't.  It was nice. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Oh, in case you were wondering, a whole week has gone by and 18 seems to be doing just fine.  I, on the other hand, am taking longer to adjust. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: