Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm pooped

Once again I'm apologizing for my lack of posting.  January started out so fun but its gone downhill and I'm just emotionally and physically pooped.

First some fun things.

My hours at work have been extended.  I now work more hours per day....which is a good thing.....but it has taken some getting used to.  God Bless my Asst. Principal, as she really went to bat for me.  Love her!

The Hubs has finally gotten his own job site to manage.  He is excited to try his own wings.  I know he'll do a great job.

18 went back to school and now has her own room.  She loves it!

I got a SU! order.  I haven't played with any of it!  But I wanted to show you these buttons.



These are the Basic Designer Buttons 129325, in the Spring Catalog.  The big one is just so much bigger than I expected.  So I thought I'd show you how big it is in comparison to a quarter.


Then the other day I got a letter.


 My 10 year anniversary came and went.  I didn't even remember. 



Now the downhill part.



This is my dad and grandma on New Year's Eve.  I know they don't look too happy here but trust me they were.  They are so much alike. 

My grandma passed away last Monday.  She was 92.  I'm so glad I got to see her one last time and kiss and hug on her.

I'll be going back to Iowa in a few weeks to help my cousin straighten things out with her estate.  Grandma was a tough old broad and left specific instructions that no memorial be held and to not even put her ashes in the cemetery until all the snow is gone.  My cousin is having a really hard time with that. 

So life has been a little topsy turvy lately.  Now that I have my travel stuff decided I'm feel like I'm coming up for air.  Things are settling down a little. 

I have cards to stamp before I leave so I hope I'll be able to show you something stampy here pretty soon. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking in.  You warm my heart. 

Blessings, b.

2 comments:

Emma Fewkes said...

Beth ~ I wanted you to know that I read your blog, it comes up in my 'google reader' and I feel like I know you, a little bit anyway! This post just touched my heart. I am so sorry your lost your Grandma, that is so hard to take. I thought you may find comfort knowing that someone 'out there' is keeping a good thought for you over the coming days. Sending a {{hug}}, Emma xx

Linda said...

Beth, Sending you hugs and prayers! I love reading your blog. I am so sorry about your grandmother passing. It is hard to go thru all of the estate stuff. Hope all goes well. Congrats on you 10 year accomplishment and that you have more hours at work. I have about half of my Dec Daily finished, a real accomplishment for me! Next year it must be easier, because I made this one too hard!