Tuesday, February 19, 2013

back from the beyond

Hidey Ho!  What a crazy last few weeks I've had.  

I had planned on showing you some pics while I was gone but I forgot my camera cord. 

Then, when I got home, the router broke.  So no internet.  Oy! 

But things are back to normal around here.  Whatever normal is.

So let me show you the Valentine creations I made.



Thats the Ticket set.  Real red ink.  Whisper white cardstock.  Real red stitched grosgraing, ticket punch and white bakers twine. 

These are some Valentines I sent to 18 for her friends.



same supplies

These are the ones we made for Grace to hand out.



Worn Alphabet (retired).  Whisper white craft ink.  Real red cardstock.  Paper doily (spring catalog), bakers twine, vintage faceted button.  


I was under the gun to get this sent out to 18 in time for Valentine's.  I used an old spaghetti jar. 




I seem to like the doilies better when wrinkled.  Kind of like me, I guess.



Worn Alphabet (retired), woodgrain and Fabulous Phrases.  Real red and crumb cake cardstock.  Whisper white craft and real red ink.  Paper doily, labels framelits, big shot, vintage faceted button, designer silver basics buttons, natural trim, bakers twine, jewelry tag punch, linen thread and sticky rhinestones.

I do not have a heart punch or die so, I had to make these hearts the old fashioned way.  Fold a piece of cardstock and cut it out. 




For Grace




For The Boy.  When Grace saw his she said, "why does he get the pretty button?"  Geez.....




Since I had more time for these I just spray painted the lids.  Much easier. 



No stamps!  No ink!  Crumb cake cardstock.  Really really really old DSP, sewing machine and paper piercer.


This is the card I made for The Hubs.  I saw a card almost exactly like this in last months PaperCrafts mag. 

I lightly drew the heart with a pencil and then used my paper piercer to very carefully scratch the design in. Because of course my paper piercer is slightly bent at the very tip.  





This is what The Hubs made me.  Its mahogany.  So pretty!  I love wood.  Betcha couldn't tell huh?




Alrighty then, that was our Valentine's Day.  I know its late but maybe you can use these ideas for something else.   Or just save them for next year. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and hanging out.  You give me warm fuzzies......in a good way.

Blessings, b.


No comments: