Sunday, April 21, 2013

peach blanket?

Happy Sunday!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I was busy here.......and it was hot.  Blech!  I'm not ready for summer.  But right now, it is 5:54 on a Sunday evening and it feels pretty darn perfect outside. 

I wanted to show you what I planted this weekend but first I have a card to show you. 



Up Up and Away and Teeny Tiny Wishes sets.  Crumb cake and whisper white cardstock.  Pumpkin pie, early espresso and black Stazon inks.  Sunshine and sprinkles DSP, corner rounder and black marker. 

This is almost an exact case of a card made by Jen Nelson.  It is so simple and fun.  I've been wanting to use this DSP and this was the perfect card for it.  I never have enough birthday cards. 

You can see where the faux stitching is a little wonky on 2 of the corners.  Thats because after I already did the stitching I decided I wanted to cut down the panel a little more.  Oh well, I still think its cute. 


This came the other day.


One of the things that held me back from ordering it before was the price.  Now that it is only $19.95 I had to get it.  I haven't opened it yet though.  I'm really computer challenged and I figure I'll need a weekend or so to figure it out. 

Ok, now for a little gardening news. 

I still haven't gotten all the veggies planted.  I wanted to put in some bug killer first and let that work.  So yesterday Grace and I went to the nursery.  I got so excited over all the plants I never even made it inside to get the bug killer.  OY!

But look what is already blooming in the backyard



This is one of the seeds the birds planted from last years plants.  It has 18 buds on it.  Aren't those birds helpful? 

Anyhow, this year I decided I'm really going to get my yards done.  I can afford to buy the plants but I can't afford the labor to get the yard ready.  So if the heat doesn't kill me then hopefully I'll at least lose a few pounds and get a pretty yard to boot. 

I started in the front yard.


This is a Mesa Peach Blanket.  It looks just like the inside of a peach!  I'm telling you, the people that come up with these names are just so clever.




Lots of Gerberas.  I just love these.  I got them in different colors too.




Sweet Broom.  This smells pretty good. 

I still have alot more planter to fill.  Oh yeah, I also got a few African Boxwood.  The front yard whooped me today and I didn't get anything done in the backyard.  But I've got ideas. 

Alrighty then, thats it for today.  I have more stampy stuff to show you too.

Thanks for stopping by and hanging out with me and listening to my stories. 

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

mary noble said...

Love your card and the clouds effect; had to same a pic of that peach blanket flower so it would show up in my screensaver pics - so pretty! Look forward to seeing your creations with MDS! Are you going to Convention??
Mary :-)