Monday, April 29, 2013

validated

Yes, I have been validated. 

You know my addiction love for Crumb Cake cardstock, right?  Well, I actually went out of my comfort zone to make a card for our group last week.  I used Melon Mambo. 

Lord help me.  So not my color.

Then I made the same card using a larger sentiment so my ladies could see what it would look like should they choose to use a larger sentiment. 

And, I made it with Crumb Cake. 

I gave them the option of either color and do you know which color every one of them chose? 

Crumb Cake, thank you very much. 

 Ready?  Get your sunglasses on.


Blooming with Kindness and Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Melon Mambo, basic black and whisper white cardstock.  Melon mambo and black Stazon inks.  White taffeta ribbon, vintage faceted buttons, dryer sheets, dazzling diamonds glitter, big shot, clear scallop square die, white bakers twine. 


Our hostess this month wanted to do the dryer sheet technique.  You usually need a bold image behind to stand out and this was the first one I thought of. 

It actually came out just like I pictured it in my mind.  That never happens. 



Here you can kinda sorta see the glitter.  I'm not much for glitter and so didn't put too much on. 

The black piece opens so you can write on the inside.  A picture of that would have been good huh? 

Okay, want to know how to do the Dryer Sheet Technique?  I did not take pics but its pretty easy to explain. 

  1. stamp your image and let dry
  2. spread glue over the whole piece of cardstock.  I used Crystal Effects but you could use good ol' white glue.  Lay it on fairly thick.  You want it soak through the dryer sheet.
  3. place your used dryer sheet over the top and smooth out.  You can see where mine has a few bubbles in it.  I say it just adds character.
  4. cut around the edges.
  5. sprinkle glitter over the top.  
  6. let dry and you're done!

The glue and/or Crystal Effects will warp your cardstock.  After it dried I adhered mine to another piece of whisper white to stabilize it.


Ready for Crumb Cake?



Blooming with Kindness set.  Baja Breeze, crumb cake and whisper white cardstock.  Baja breeze and black Stazon.  Vintage faceted buttons, used dryer sheets, linen thread, big shot, clear scallop square die, dazzling diamonds glitter, crystal effects. 

Okay, so there isn't that much Crumb Cake on here.  The Crumb cake part is the part that opens for the message. 


Alrighty then, thats it from me today.  Did you watch Mr. Selfridge last night?  I'm just loving this show and so happy Mr. Crabb pulled the wool over on Mr. Grove. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and hanging out. 

Blessings, b.


No comments: