Sunday, January 16, 2011

picture book

Howdy stampers!  How're things going for you?  We've had a busy weekend around here. 

We are switching our cable company and the guy is coming tomorrow.  The guy will need to get in my bedroom.  UGH!

Its amazing how much dirt and "stuff" you see when someone is coming over.

Not that my room is super sloppy or anything.  I make my bed everyday and the clothes always go in the hamper. 

What I really noticed was the dust.  The dirty ceiling fan.  The dust on top of the t.v. cabinet.  The dirty windows.  The dusty treadmill.

So I spent a good part of today cleaning.  Nothing like having a stranger in your bedroom to prompt you to get some stuff done.  Now I have a dust free bedroom.  The spiders behind the cabinet even got evicted.

Gross, I know.

I also cleaned out the vegetable beds.  I still had a bunch of bell peppers on one of the plants.  My onions are still doing good and I planted some carrots.  I need to get some broccoli seeds. 

I also got the pictures taken of the book I made my grandma. 

I saw a cute little book on Lisa Johnson's blog several months ago and it reminded me of the little book kits that SU! used to sell.  This book is just like those. 



Elements of Style set.  Basic black, crumb cake and very vanilla cardstock.  Soft suede and basic black ink.  Neutrals patterned DSP, 3/4" circle punch, small heart punch, vanill seam binding, corner rounder.

Its pretty small.  It measures out to 3" x 2 3/4".  For the tag, I punched the heart first and then centered the circle punch over that and punched.  Does that make sense?


I had bought my daughter a necklace for Christmas and it came in this cute little purse/box thing that had a magnetic closure. 

So, of course I took it apart and used it on this.  Its pretty groovy actually.


I stamped each page with the scroll/swirly stamp from Elements of Style in the black ink before I put the pics on there. 






That is the boy's Senior pic.  Isn't he handsome? 







This was really easy to put together, but I wasn't sure at first and didn't take pics of the putting it together part.  I'm going to make another one for my cousin so I'll take step by step pics then.  If you have any questions now though, just let me know. 

Alrighty then.  It seems like I shouldn't be sore just dusting and working the veggies but I am.  So this old broad is going to bed. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: