Friday, April 13, 2012

home again

Hello people!  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.  We were gone.  I had hoped to get some posts scheduled to go up here but I ran out of time.  And everytime I'm gone more than a few days, it takes me forever to get back in the swing of things.  I'm just now coming up for air.

So where did I go?  Oregon.  Beautiful Oregon.  There is moss on all the trees and there are daffodils EVERYWHERE.  On the freeways, in the city, in the middle of nowhere..........its like the daffodil fairy just sprinkled Oregon with daffodils.  Speaking of the city......whoever designed downtown Portland was on something.  OY!  It would take us 3 tries everytime just to get somewhere.

We checked out a few colleges for 17.  I'm trying to gear up for the separation.  I don't know if I can handle it................

Here is one of the projects I was hoping to get up for you:

 
Apothecary Art and Elements of Style.  Crumb cake, daffodil delight and whisper white cardstock.  Black Stazon, daffodil delight, old olive and crumb cake inks.  White satin ribbon, big shot, label framelits, polka dot embossing folder, pearls and dimensionals.

I don't remember if I showed you this one or not.  Its basically the same as this one:




What I wanted to show you was the "fake-out" on the ribbon.  Lookee:




Run some tape across the middle of the base.  My precious Tombow Multi Glue does not work well for this.



Lay some ribbon on top and make the ends cute.  Its hard to see here but I cut them into fishtails.  I'm don't know what others call them, so fishtails it is..........for now.  I cut the base a 1/4" shorter so the ends could go off the edge and they would still fit in the envelope.




Then cut 2 pieces of ribbon, about 2 inches long.




Put a little tape on the end and fold it over. 




Put a little tape on the flat piece and then stick the loop on there.




Are you beginning to see it?



Wa La!  Instant glamour, and you didn't use a whole bunch of ribbon.

Okie dokie, its time to get dinner started.  I'll be working on my Project Life for March this weekend and hopefully getting some things planted.  I feel very behind. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking in.

Blessings, b.

No comments: