Saturday, May 12, 2012

teacher appreciation

Most of you will read this tomorrow so I'll say it now, Happy Mother's Day!

I'm so glad its the weekend.  I spent the week getting all the state tests cleaned and packed up.  I can see the light at the end of the school year tunnel.

This week was also Teacher Appreciation Week.  We had cool treats everyday in our boxes.   For Grace's school, they send home a list of things for every day. 

Monday was wear something red to show you love your teacher.

Tuesday was bring a school supply item.

Wednesday was bring your teacher a flower.

Thursday was bring your teacher something sweet.

Friday was write your teacher a thank you note or poem or picture.  Of course Grace did this at the last minute and I didn't get a picture. 

I'm going to show you what we did on Thursday.  The idea started out as something very different.  Things just morph around here.......



Cute huh?  My original idea was to give them strawberries with a fruit dip.  But, I had thrown away the lids to my little bitty canning jars because they had rusted. 

Hmmmm........now what? 

I know!  We'll get some pound cake and make a trifle!  And you know of course it just kind of went from there. 




Fabulous Phrases set.  Crumb cake, real red, old olive and whisper white cardstock.  Black Stazon ink.  Square duo die, big shot, square lattice embossing folder, polka dot embossing folder, 1 1/4" square punch, small heart punch and boho blossoms punch. 

I used the medium blossom from the punch and cut it to fit the top of the heart shape.

These are pint jars.  I cut up an old bandana to fit over the lids.  Made a cute little tag.  Added a spoon and there ya go.   A perfect sweet treat!  Make some for Mother's Day, she'll love it. 

Here is the recipe for the creamy dip:

8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup lemon juice

That is from the Eagle Brand condensed milk can.  This was the only way I ever had cheesecake when I was little.  It wasn't until I was in my 20's that I had "real" cheesecake. 

Just for the record:  I love them both............yum yum.

Alrighty then.  For Mother's Day I am making the hubs finish a project he started in the front yard.   I am going to finish my Week In The Life album.  I would have had it done but I ran out of the page protectors. 

Have a wonderful Sunday and thanks for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: