Monday, July 2, 2012

ziggy and zaggy

Hey there!  How was your day?  I saw on the news this morning the horrible storms back East.  You people are in my prayers. 

For me though, today was the first day that I got to do some stuff I wanted to do.  Well okay, the second day.  I did get to put in an order of goodies just for me yesterday.  Just wait till you see what I got!

Today, I worked in the garden.....I hope to be finished getting everything planted tomorrow.  I know its kinda late but I think it will be okay.

I sent out some thank yous.

I showered.  Now before you go thinking I only do a Saturday night bath, I'm talking about the kind of shower that takes more than 5 minutes.  One where you shave everything you want, you use the pumice stone to try and get your feet to not look like the dog's, you trim all your nails, you moisturize from head to toe.........Yeah, that kind of shower. 

It was great. 

But now that I've been doing stuff and getting all sweaty again, you'd never know. 

But it was great while it lasted. 

So anyway, I wanted to show you the Thank You's I made. 



Delicate Doilies and Fabulous Phrases.  Crumb cake, and pool party cardstock.  Whisper white craft and Black Stazon inks.  White taffeta ribbon, white bakers twine, big shot and the new Chevron embossing folder.


Nifty huh?  17 is going to use these too, for her graduation thank yous. 

Now you can say that zig zags and doilies don't really go together but I don't care. 

I really wanted to use the new Chevron embossing folder.  And with only 9 current stamp sets, my choices are limited.  So I threw them together and I'm going to say they look FABULOUS! 




I very carefully cut along one of the zaggy lines to give it more of a finished edge. 




Close up for no real reason.


Alrighty then.  I did place an order yesterday for some new goodies.  I usually wait a month or so before I do a big order from the new catalog.  I like to see what everyone else is creating.  This year SU! was so nice as to send us the Holiday catalog early so we could do a little pre-order from that as well.  I love the Holiday catalog.  You will love it too.  It was really hard to stick to my budget so I may have to think up some ideas to make more money so I can order more things.  Hmmmmm........

Oh!  Speaking of making some money, I added 3 more stamp sets to the "for sale" list.  Go check it out here

Alrighty, thanks so much for stopping by and keeping the blog warm. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: