Friday, July 12, 2013

home sweet home

Hidey Ho!  I've been traveling and had made sure I got pics on the computer so I could post some stampy stuff while I was gone but never got around to it.  Bad Beth!

So instead of showing you stampy stuff today I'm going to show you the garden update.  Stampy stuff tomorrow.....promise.

Oh wait!  Let me show you a few of our trip pics first.  It was just Grace and I going to my dad's house. 




Grace enjoyed the train so much last year so we took it again this year.  BUT, we flew home.  I couldn't do another 15 hours just to get home.  I want to be home NOW! 

This was on one of the Metrolink cars while we were waiting for the Amtrak.  I thought it was kinda funny.  I don't know why.  A good life lesson I guess.




Holy Moly! but gas was cheap there.! It was over $4.00 a gallon here when we left home.  Geez!




On the plane on the way home. 



What a crummy pic!  This is the only one I have of Dad on this trip.  My sweet cousin Jeni was there for a few days too.  Grace just loves her.  I do too. 

Okay onto the garden.  I planted everything (except the pumpkins) on June 9th. 



These are the pumpkins.  I have 4 ready to pick.  I planted these on March 17th.  Last year the aphids and the heat DESTROYED them and so I thought I'd get a jump on them this year.  Worked good except I'm harvesting pumpkins in July instead of October.  I have more babies on there so I hopefully will get some for Halloween. 



I'll let the kids carve them if they want before I cook them.  Pumpkin pie anyone?




Cucumbers.  I haven't had luck with these, ever!  Keep your fingers crossed.




Mickylee watermelons.  There is a volunteer tomato plant right in the middle.  Oh well.  I think I have 3 volunteer tomato plants in this box.  Which is weird because I have never planted tomatoes in this box.  Birds must have carried them.  If so then they should be yellow pear tomatoes. 




Zucchini.  So happy to have some this year. 



Red and an Orange Bell Pepper. 




Yellow Squash. 



Celebrity and Sweet 100 tomatoes........and pine trees.  I still have 6 pine trees that grew from seeds 2 years ago.  I'm going to put them in the ground this fall.

What, doesn't everyone have pine trees in their vegetable garden?

I planted the Sweet 100's as seeds.  There are also onions in there.  I have a heck of a time keeping onions too.  They sprout and then die off.  I'm blaming the cat this time though.  I think she got in there and dug them up.  So I only have a few right now.    You can see the Celebrity has been overwatered because her leaves are curling.  18......I mean, 19 overwatered a little while I was gone. 

Yep, 18 had a birthday while I was gone. 


Dad got her an Oreo ice cream cake.  I was very sad to not be there with her.  Grace and I had gotten all her presents and had Dad hide them on her birthday.  Then we sent her clues throughout the day to find them.  It was fun. 

Alrighty then, thats it for today.  Stampy stuff tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: