Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day

Holy Moly Batman!  I can't hardly believe how long its been since I've posted.  I knew it had been awhile but geez. 

Happy Independence Day everyone!  I hope everyone has something fun planned for today.  Most of my crew just left to go get some fireworks.  I hope they bring me back some snakes.  Remember those?

So today I have a bag tag to show you:


Blue Ribbon, Teeny Tiny Wishes and Banner Greetings.  Whisper white cardstock.  Real red, pacific point and black Stazon inks.  Delicate Doilies die, big shot, 1 3/8" circle punch, red baker's twine and polka dot parade DSP.

 Since its the 4th of July I thought I would go with a red, white and blue color scheme. 



 One of the first things I thought of doing with the Banner Greetings set was to use it for the ribbons on the Blue ribbon set. 

I still need to take pics of the cards we made at group last week.  I'll try and get that done today so I can show you. 


We have been enjoying summer.  I've gotten the front yard planted as much as I'm going to this year.  It is so hot now that anything else will have to wait for next spring.  I did discover that my Sweet Brooms have a problem.  A problem that seems to go hand in hand for them.  Had I known this, I wouldn't have bought them. 

Remember what they looked like when I planted them?



Yeah, look at it now;



I was thinking the poor little guy wasn't getting enough water but no.  Look closely...........




These are called Genista caterpillars.  They are all over my poor bush.  This is one instance where you gotta love the internet. 
 

The internet told me to get some Bacillus thuringiensis.  So I did.


This stuff was not cheap!  Anyway, I sprayed them and I'll have to wait until Spring to see if my poor little bushes come back. 

OY!  What a pain!

I've also taken pics of the vegetable garden.  I'll get those together too because I know you've just been waiting for an update on that ;)


I also wanted to turn you on to a site that the girls and I have been fascinated with,  geoguessr.com.  I saw this on The Pioneer Woman site.  It uses Google Maps and will drop you somewhere in the world.  You have to drive around looking at signs and buildings and guess where you are.  We have been having a competition on who can get the closest.  I currently hold the title with a .002 km.  Thank you very much. 

18 was in Italy (in the game)  and saw this tree:



She says it looks like Beyonce.  Maybe Beyonce with no head.  Anyway its been really fun.  We've seen things that we will never see in person.  Very cool and dare I say it?.........educational? 

WHOA!!!!!  dont say the "e" word during summer. 


Alrighty then, I'll be back soon with more stamping stuff.  Thanks so much for checking in and hanging out. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: