Wednesday, July 24, 2013

buttons......clay buttons......clay flower buttons?

Hey everybody!  I hope you all are having a super duper day. 



Pleasant Poppies, Teeny Tiny Wishes and the new Gingham Wheel.  Strawberry Slush, baked brown sugar, coastal cabana and whisper white cardstock.  Crisp Cantaloupe, whisper white and soft suede inks and daffodil delight and early espresso reinkers.  Big shot, delicate doilies die, very vintage buttons, 1 3/8" circle punch, neutral buttons, simply pressed clay, simply pressed molds, vanilla shimmer smooch spritz, crystal effects and natural twine.

I'm finally showing you the other card we made during group last time.  I hesitated because the buttons are now discontinued and I wanted to make the card again using current stuff. 

That is kind of hard to do when you don't have much current stuff........yet, (I put in an order today for all kinds of new goodies). 

This is what I came up with.  Let me know what you think. 




This was the original card we made together.  I'm really loving the Baked Brown Sugar color.  Its kind of a warmer Crumb Cake and we all know how much I love that.

I also dig on the Gingham wheel.  Now I can have gingham in any color I want!  This is using the new Crisp Cantaloupe.  Try spelling "cantaloupe" without looking it up.  Geez!  



Okay, so my sweet little brown flower button retired.  Now what?  I got some of the new Simply Pressed Clay and molds.  Grace went into overdrive making flowers and buttons. 

See the little white button?  That is clay.  I sprayed it with the smooch spritz to give it a pearlized look. 

Then I thought I'd try making a flower button.  It actually turned out okay but I don't really love it here.  I covered it in Crystal Effects to give it some shine. 

So lets try something else shall we?


This is the new Strawberry Slush paper.  Isn't it pretty? 

I asked Grace to make some buttons using Early Espresso ink.  She made some flowers too.  Only thing is, they look kind of purplely. I didn't make this one a button but I did cover it in Crystal Effects to make it shiny.  Okay, in this pic it looks gray but its purplely........really.  And I know "purplely" isn't really a word, just hang with me here.



I just wanted to show you that the gingham strip doesn't lay completely flat.  I put down some regular Mono tape on the back and used my fingers to gather it.  Make sense? 

So the first one is still my fave.  I did order new Neutral buttons today so when they come maybe I'll get another one made. 

Before you go I have 1 more thing to show you. 



  I still have several bunches of grapes on the vine and have 2 more squash ready to pull.  I cooked the pumpkins I pulled last week and froze the puree.  Things are moving along.  I'm surprised at how pokey the zucchini are being.  I will tell you about my tomato and bell pepper adventures another day.  UGH!

Okie dokie, thats it for today.  I have thank you cards to make and I have been pokey about that.  Bad Beth! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and hanging out.  You give me warm fuzzies. 

Blessings, b.


No comments: