Monday, August 16, 2010

baby, baby, baby ohhhhhh

now you can share in the Justin Beiber song that is in my head.  You're welcome.  And if you don't know who Justin Beiber is then..............just move along. 

Hey there.   Summer has finally arrived in So. Cal.  Just in time for me to go back to work.  It was 101 when I went to pick up kids today.  UGH!  And humid.  UGH!  Needless to say I tried to stay inside.  My veggies are so confused.  Its been averaging mid 80's and BAM!  Although I will say, I planted some green bean seeds a few weeks ago and they are loving the heat.  Go figure........

Tomorrow is my last day of vacation.  So I spent today tying up loose ends.  Doing laundry, researching car insurance, avoiding cleaning the kitchen floor, etc.  I still gots lots to do tomorrow though.  I could totally get used to this "stay at home mom" gig.  Can't someone pay me to stay home and take care of my house and kids and husband?  Actually I would love to work from home.  Really, I would. 

Anyhow, one of the things I needed to get done was make a baby card.  One of my friends had a baby girl a few months ago.  Yep, you heard me.  I'm a little behind........again.

I tried greasing the creative gears.  It was slow moving but I got 2 done.  Which one should I send?

#1


Schoolbook Serif and Elements of Style sets.  Melon mambo, pretty in pink and whisper white cardstock.  Pretty in pink and whisper white inks.  Square lattice embossing folder, pinking shears, stampamajig, pink gingham (retired), misc. buttons, paper piercer and dimensionals. 

Kinda bright huh?  For some reason all my baby cards have the word "baby" and use pinking shears.  I'm not sure why that is.  This is a funky size too, 3 3/4 x 6 1/2.  It will fit in a business size envelope. 



I would have actually sewed around the edges but I don't have a sewing machine.   I stamped the Elements of Style in whisper white on the pretty in pink, cut around the egdes with the pinking shears and then ran it through the Lattice folder.  Now you can just barely see the stamped part.  I thought it looked like a soft blankie.  I doubled up the buttons on the bow.

#2


Sweet Season and A Word for You sets.  Pretty in pink, choc. chip and very vanilla cardstock.  Pretty in pink and choc. chip ink.  White taffeta ribbon, wide oval punch, old lacey stuff, pretty in pink button, stampamajig and dimensionals. 

A year and a half ago I was a display stamper for Stampin' Up!'s convention.  They sent me stamps and paper and buttons and ribbon and told me to make a million samples.   Okay, not quite that many but it was alot.  It was so much fun and I would do it again.  Anyhow, I made this card back then:


I loved this card.  I thought I was being so innovative.  I always thought it could be a cute baby or anniversary card.  So I thought I would copy it in pink. 



I think the choc. chip looks a little dark here but I love how it turned out.  I just cut a strip of scrap cardstock 1 1/4" wide and used that as my measuring template for the lines.  Then I used my marker and inked up just the inside of the image, lined up Mr. Stampamajig and went for it. 

                                                  

I dyed some white taffeta with my pretty in pink pad.  See here if you need a lesson on that.  The lace is some that I've had since before the kids were born.  NOW, SU! is selling some pretty lacey ribbon in the new catalog.  They also sell Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon.  I just don't have any. 

I used my choc. chip marker to ink up the outside edge of the label image and the "baby" is from the new set, A Word for You.  Very versatile set.  Like it alot. 

So which one should I send?  I like them both.  The momma of this baby would like them both.  Decisions, decisions............

I'm going to sleep on it.  Thanks so much for stopping by. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: