Tuesday, August 24, 2010

hearts for you

Geez!  I can't believe its been 5 days since I last posted.  Sorry about that.  I think the heat has fried my brain.  It was only 109 when I left work today.  No kidding!  Its now 8:00 and its still 90.  UGH!

Anyhow, I did get some stamping done today.  Yay me!  I needed a card to send out and so made a few quickie ones.  Ready?


Favorite Thoughts set.  Whisper white, crumb cake, real red, pumpkin pie, daffodil delight, old olive, pacific point and rich razzleberry cardstock.  Whisper white craft and black Stazon inks.  Small heart punch, stampamajig, black grosgrain, white taffeta, white gel pen, white embossing powder, corner rounder and black journaler. 

Cute, no?   When I get my copy of PaperCrafts magazine every month I go through and put a sticky on the cards I like.  Then later when I need a little inspiration, I'll go through it.  I got the idea for these cards from the July/August edition, page 76.  I love that magazine. 




I wanted to use the Favorite Thoughts set (Summer Mini).  Its one of my very favorites and its only going to be available until the 31st so, if you like it too, you'd better get it now.  I used my white gel pen to make the little doodads on the hearts.  I'm like..so artistic you know.......HA!  This card is a funky size, 4 7/8 x 3.  It was supposed to be 5 x 3 but I didn't center my hearts very well, so I had to do some chopping.



Of course I had to do one in the Crumb Cake too.  I'm addicted to the stuff.  I messed up the line border on the left side but, oh well.  Its handmade!  This one did come out 5 x 3.  I made a little pencil mark where the center was and that made it much easier to line things up. 

I wanted the words to really show up so I embossed them with white embossing powder.  I just love the sayings in this set.  I'm keeping it after its gone.  Mine, mine, mine.


Alrighty then, the heat has been making me so tired.  I've had to leave the air on at night just so we can sleep.  I'm not looking forward to my electric bill  :(  The poor veggies don't know what hit them.  I'll take some pics this weekend because I know you're all dying for a garden update ;)

Thanks for stopping by.  Stay cool!

Blessings, b.

No comments: