Friday, August 6, 2010

reunited........

....and it feels so good.......  (sing it with me).......   reunited 'cause we understood...............  there's one perfect fit and baby this one is it.........we both are so excited 'cause we're..... reunited, hey hey

Yep, I was reunited with my stamps today.  And it did feel good. 

Its been 2, maybe 3 weeks since I've sat down and stamped.  I have a super hard time stamping with the kids around.  I actually sat down yesterday to stamp a few cards I would like to send out and was clearing the dust off my desk, when I realized I kept moving the same few items around.  A few momentos from 16's birthday that I wanted to scrap.  So I decided to scrap them and get them off my desk. 

Well, I got the pics printed and thats about it.  Then today the boy reminded me that he was going to a birthday party tomorrow.  I needed a card. 

The boys have been playing alot of XBOX LIVE late into the night.  Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.  Yeah, whatever.  They get into teams and go after the bad guys.  He has his little earphone thingy and will start talking.  Its like a Party Line.  I always look at him.....are you talking to me?

Anyhow, I decided to make Andrew a card with this theme. 


Roughing It and Classic Numbers (both retired).  Always artichoke, crumb cake, soft suede and whisper white cardstock.  Soft suede ink.  Sponging, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches and dimensionals. 

I had this great idea that I knew would make Andrew laugh.  I went online and found a shot of the game in action.  Then I saved it and uploaded it into Paint (because thats all I know how to use) and added the screen names of their little posse.    I thought I was genius!  After I got the card done and was watching the boy play this game, I notice something, when your teammates go by you, their screen name pops up over their head.  GEEZ!  I thought I was being so clever :(



I guess I have a thing about adding the age to birthday cards.  Only kids ones though!  The images in Roughing It were perfect for this.  I inked up the binoculars and then stamped off twice to get the lighter image. 


The best birthday present you can give teenagers is money.  I simply took a 1" strip of Soft Suede and glued the ends down with my wonderful Tombow Multi Glue.  You know I love that stuff, right?  The strip holds the money in just tight enough. 


After dinner I tackled the scrapbook page again.  There is no stamping on this but so what?  Its not what I had in mind but I like it good enough.



No stamps!  Perfect plum and crumb cake cardstock.  Corner rounder, black journaler and Tombow Multi Glue.

Not my favorite page but the memory is the important part. 

I've been dragging my feet getting to know Stampin' Up!s MDS (My Digital Studio).  People LOVE it.  They say it is so quick and easy.  Here's my beef with it, I don't want my projects to LOOK 3 dimensional.  I want them to BE 3 dimensional.  But I might entertain the idea a little more because I wanted my pics to be square and I can't print out square pics with the program I use.  I think I can do that with the MDS.  I'll have to look into it more.  I know, I'm behind the technology times.  Whats new........


Speaking of behind the times, the garden.  UGH!  I'm having a heck of a time with the zucchini and yellow squash.  The 2 things I thought people could grow with their eyes closed and both hands tied behind their back! 

Now, my peppers though, they are doing great.  I found out the reason the blooms were falling off was because it was too cold at night.  So far we've had a very mild summer.  Now I know the rest of the country is dying, but here........not so much.  Not yet anyway.  I'm sure it'll come late.  It'll be 90 at Christmas. 

Anyhow, the peppers are happy!  Look what I had for dinner tonight


They aren't beautiful like in the store but, who cares?  They were delicious!  I can't tell you how fun it was to go out and pick food for dinner.  Loved it! 

Alrighty then, we've got a whole weekend planned.  Working in my yard and working at the inlaws'.  My SIL wants me to join Facebook.  I have avoided it like the plague so far.  But if it keeps us in touch with them, I'd consider it.  What do you people think?  Is it something I have to update all the time like the blog?  I'm not sure I can keep up with both. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Hopefully once school starts my posting will get a little more regular.  Maybe it just needs more fiber?  HA

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I feel the same way about MDS; there is just something about the way paper feels and handles, and adding punches and pictures and journaling! It just isn't the same as setting down at your computer! Maybe I am behind in the electronic age as well, but I LOVE papercrafts; my scrapbooks may be behind, but they are my work and 3-D all the way!