Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Only 3 more days 'till Christmas?

Holy Cow Batman! 

Sorry again for the absence.  I'm just so tired at night that I end up just going to bed.  Which is not good!  I've been working on a little book of pics for my grandmother and I keep putting it off.  Needless to say it won't be there for Christmas.  My dad's stuff either.  Why am I such a procrastinator?  Why, why, why...............

I'm not done getting gifts either.  I am notorious for wrapping 90% of my gifts on Christmas Eve.  This year I'm going to try and get everything done by tomorrow night.  My friend Leila has a tradition in her home that I'm finally going to put into effect at my house.  Its such a great idea, ready for it? 

She has 3 children, like me, and they are crazy for checking out the gifts under the tree, like mine.  So, she wraps everyones gifts in a different pattern of paper.  So Suzy gets all her gifts wrapped in penguins.  Judy gets hers wrapped in snowflakes.  Barney gets his wrapped in reindeer.  Heres the great part, she puts them under the tree with no names on anything.  Nobody knows which gift is whose except, her.  Then on Christmas morning she tells them which pattern they get to open.  So fun!  Well, I think it'll be fun.  We'll see.

I'm also not up to date on my Daily December.  I finally installed the new ink cartridge.  Thats a step in the right direction.  I have things written down.  I just need to spend some quality time with it.  It.Will.Happen. 

I do have days 6 and 7 to show you tonight. 


Day 6 



Classic Numbers (retired).  Confetti white and real red cardstock.  Real red ink.  3/4" and 1" circle punches, dimensionals, Brights Patterned DSP.



I love Nativity sets.  When I was little we had one that went under the tree and had a place to put a bulb where the star would go.  This set goes on top of the tv.  I got this set either right before or right after the boy was born.  He loved playing with it.





Its made out of wood and has the paint all chipped.  Frankly, I'm surprised we still have all the pieces ;)

Day 7


Same supplies

I love Charlie Brown.  I can relate to him.



I got the pic off the internet.  I love all the Charlie Brown specials.  Back in the "olden days" when I was little, it was a big deal for the whole family when they came on tv. 



I found a bunch of info on Wikipedia about the history behind the Christmas special.  It was kinda neat to read.  Go check it out


Alrighty then, I think I've made my egg nog a little strong and better go to bed before I start getting mushy and telling you all how much I love you and everything.  I mean, not that I don't love you, I mean, I do...............well you know what I mean......right? 

Thanks for stopping by and just in case I don't get back on here before Christmas, have a wonderful and blessed Christmas.  I love you guys.

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

mary noble said...

Now it will be Christmas tomorrow - then you can rest and everyone will really enjoy the fruits of your labor. Your grandmother will love this beautiful book - I made 2 scrapbook albums for family too, but had to get them done and mailed out on Monday. The mail has been amazing; the books have gotten there already. Hope you have a great holiday season!! Mary