Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years Eve!

Hey stampers! 

Sorry again for not posting.  I've been sick.  The hubs got sick right before Christmas and decided to share.  How nice :(

So I've been laying low and trying to rest.  Those with children know how easy that is to do.  Luckily, none of the kids has gotten it.......yet.  Low fever on and off for 2 days. Sore throat. Sinus. Ear ache. 

I'm feeling better today and just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you and I miss you.  I'm still working on stamping stuff (December Daily and my grandma's book) but haven't sat at my desk in almost a week. 

I uploaded a bunch of pics from last week and wanted to show you some:


Christmas Classics set.  Real red, crumb cake and very vanilla cardstock.  Old olive, real red and going gray (retired) markers.  Newsprint DSP, Tombow Multi glue, silver glass glitter, brights prints DSP. 

This is a little box I made for my SIL.  We got her some lottery tickets (she loves to play) and I thought a cute box would be cuter than a cute card to put them in.   I didn't get the chance to take a pic of it until we were in the car on Christmas Eve to go to my inlaws.  No, I wasn't driving ;)




The box measures 3x5x11/2.  I wrapped the Old Olive print DSP around the box to make a belly band. 


I cut 2, 1 1/2" x 8" strips of the Newsprint DSP and scored them every 1/4".  Then folded and glued the ends together.  This accordian circle thing measured out 3 1/4" in diameter when finished. 

I put the Tombow glue along the edge and poured on the glass glitter.  This glitter is so cool because in a week or 2 it will tarnish.  Kinda nifty, eh?  I also used my silver glitter gel pen to sparkle up the bell.



After our lunch of grilled burgers (yummy!), we got Grandma and Aunt Renee to help make some ornaments.   I try to have some kind of ornament making day with the kiddos every year and this year we just ran out of time.  So I brought all the supplies with us to Grandma's house.  It turned out really nice because then we could send some home with Renee and leave some with Grandma. 

These are cinnamon applesauce ornaments.  Just mix equal parts cinnamon and applesauce.  The smell is awesome!  Let dry on a wire rack and hang around the house. 




My brother in law gave my husband a toy helicopter as one of his presents.  Seriously?  You would have thought he was 10, he was so excited to get outside and play with it.  Everyone had to take a turn.  Its very hard to steer (drive?) a helicopter.



Anybody know what the heck this is? It was on the neighbor's tree hanging over the fence.  The tree was loaded with them.  Of course we had to pick it and open it up.  I forgot to take a pic of the innards but it was hard and fairly solid and didn't really have any taste.  What is it? 


I thought the medallion thingy turned out so well on her box.  I decided I would make it into an ornament.  This is the back:



Just squint and maybe you can see it clearer.  I used my silver glitter gel pen to go around the outside of the pic. 



This is the official Christmas pic that was supposed to go on the, handmade with love, Christmas cards that never got made.  Its true........I never sent out cards this year.  I KNOW!  CAN YOU BELIVE IT?  Yeah well, thats what happens when you procrastinate and then get sick. 

So what are your plans for tonight?  We are staying home.  I'm going to enjoy my Christmas tree for one last night.  Its all getting put away tomorrow.

I just put a couple of chickens in the oven and the hubs just got home from work and I can tell he won't be up past 8:30.  He still doesn't feel very well.

We do have some sparkling apple cider to bring in the new year and the latest Shrek movie to watch.  WooHoo!  Living in the fast lane.

I have also been reflecting on this past year and have lots of things I would like to work on in the new year.  But I'll bore you with that stuff later. 

I do know that I'm so thankful for you, dear reader.  Who knew this blog would make new friendships and strengthen old ones.  I so enjoy sharing things with you and love it even more when you share things with me.  Thanks so much for coming by and letting me get to know you.

Blessings and Happy New Year!  b.

2 comments:

mary noble said...

Hi Beth,

Happy New Year to you too! Love this ornament set and that the SU DSP is reversible so when you turn it over, you see a different design and a pic of your awesomely good-looking family! We had a few flakes here in AZ (the "desert" area of Phoenix!) but you had to be quick to see them lol. Hope you are feeling better soon! Mary
P.S. My hubby loved his mug that I watercolored the In Wildlife pic for him that I shared with you - I had to point out that I actually watercolored it, since he thought it was DSP!

Venessa said...

I think that the neighbours plant is a choko vine and the choko is going into seed.

Venessa
Australia