Saturday, December 11, 2010

sorry...............

Hey everyone.  I'm so sorry I've been absent.  I've thought of you every day.  Its just that lately, there have been a million important things to take care of and changes that have happened, that my head just hadn't been in a crafty mode. 

But, things are getting back on track.    I have been working on my December Daily.  Have you been working on yours?  Mine is super simple this year.  I still need my cover page but here are pages 1-5:

Day 1


Christmas Classics, Typeset alpha (retired) and Classic Numbers (retired).  Confetti White, Daffodil Delight, crumb cake and real red cardstock.  Real red and White Stazon inks.  3/4" and 1" circle punches, small heart punch, Brights Patterned DSP, dimensionals, glitter gel pen and black journaler.

I decided to go with a 6" x 8" size.  I'm behind enough that I don't have a book to put them in.  I may end up making my own binding if I can't find one.  Nothing like putting the cart before the horse, eh? 

Anyhow, Ali Edwards has these great digital overlays.  She is such a genius!  I'm not computer savvy enough to know how to use them and I just don't feel like learning how right now.  So I just drew some lines with my black journaler. 

She is also famous for using large pics in all her scrapbooking.  So I'm going a little larger this year. 


Day 2





This page uses the retired Well Worn Alphabet.  Again, I used the glitter gel pen to add some shine to the ornament.  Not a very exciting page huh? 



This pic measures 5.5" x 4".  When I was thinking of what kind of layout I was going to use, I needed something that would work with 4x6, 5x7, and wallet sizes.  I don't have Photoshop or anything like that so I'm limited in what I can do.  That being said, I'm such a dork that I didn't buy the My Digital Studio that SU! sells when it was on sale Thanksgiving week for half price.  DUH!  Then I would have been able to make them any size I want.  Oh well..................

Day 3





For this page I got the idea of inserting pics into a Word document.  That way I could size them differently and print on the same piece of paper.  Worked fairly well.  I wish I had nicer writing...........




You can see I used the glitter gel pen again on the tree. 


Day 4



You knew I had to do something with the veggies, right?  Can you believe that when we got back from New Mexico that there were still some on there?  I've left the pepper plants alone.  They are doing fine and I'll see if they just hang on until next spring.  Then I've left one tomato, two zucchini and all the green bean plants alone.  They keep growing!  Of course it was 85 degrees today.  Ah........December in Southern California. 




I used another Word document here.  Why didn't I think of inserting pics into it before to make a little collage?  So easy!  But I've always said, I'm a little slow sometimes ;)




Day 5 






They are getting so fast at putting them together, I'll have to get another one when school gets out. 


Okay, thats all thats complete so far.  I have a few more pages 1/2 way done and a bunch of pics that need to be organized.  

I'm so far behind in all kinds of things.  And, I'm such a dummy that I keep adding things.  Cookie exchange?  Sign me up!  Secret Santa?  Sign me up!  Got teacher gifts?  Oh crap!  I'm taking Tuesday off from work so we'll see if I can catch up on stuff.  

Alrighty then, thank you so much for stopping by and checking things out.  Things should be getting back to normal.

Blessings, b.

No comments: