Sunday, May 15, 2011

another week gone by

Geez!  I really do have every good intention of posting every other day at least.  I might have something wonderful to show you, and I feel a desire to talk to you about it (and other things) but, it gets late and I get tired. And then I'm not very chatty.

Now, I understand that you might like that better but, where's the fun in that? 

I sometimes visit blogs where people just post a pic of their project and maybe list the supplies used but, I really enjoy the blogs where people talk about why they made that project or the story behind it.  I enjoy when they talk about their family or their friends.  I like feeling like I have a connection with them.  Even though I don't know them at all.  I've probably never even emailed or commented on their blog.  But I still enjoy reading what they have to say and I hope you enjoy reading what I have to say here.  Even if I don't know you ever visited. 

With all that being said, I do have 2 projects to show you tonight.  And I'm hoping to get it done before Survivor starts.  I can't  believe the finale is already here!  In fact all the finales are happening this week.  Seems like they just started. 

Anyway here is one of the cards we made a few weeks ago at my friend's workshop.



NO STAMPS!  Whisper white, melon mambo, daffodil delight, tempting turquoise and old olive cardstock.  NO INKS!  Butterfly punch, Brights Patterned DSP, sticky rhinestones, polka dot embossing folder, big shot, white taffeta.

I was inspired by a package I saw in the monthly magazine we demos get.  This is a funky sized card, 5.5" x 3.25".  Its so fun and springtimey!  It could be for any occasion.  Just put your sentiment on the inside.



I used glue dots to stick the ribbon where I wanted it.  The butterflies are stuck on with dimensionals.  Cute card eh?

Then for the ladies orders, I made some thank you bag tags using the same idea.





Thank you kindly set.  Crumb cake, rose red, pear pizzaz, peach parfait and early espresso cardstock.  Early espresso ink.  Sticky rhinestones, NEW BLOSSOM BOUQUET TRIPLE LAYER PUNCH, early espresso bakers twine, polka dot embossing foler, big shot, Neutrals patterned DSP and hemp. 


Strange color combo, I know.  I started going one way and ended up another.  You know how it is. 

I'm having a blast using the NEW BLOSSOM BOUQUET TRIPLE LAYER PUNCH.  I'll take some more pics of the differnent layers to show you.  Its quite nifty.  And I'm digging the baker's twine.  Its so soft! 



Can you see where I used the polka dot embossing folder?  Just to give it a little more dimension.  This is the paper that has the Shakespear sonnet on it.  Sonnet on it.  HA! I made a rhyme ;)

These tags would make a great bookmark too.  I surprised myself using the peach parfait.  I really dislike that color!  My wedding color was peach and ever since then I can't stand it.  Peach overload I guess. 

Alrighty then.  I do have even more goodies to show you.  May is National Scrapbooking month and I plan on doing some scrapping.  You should do some too.  Get your story down! 

Thanks for stopping on by.  You give me the warm fuzzies. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: