Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Awards and a Springy card

Hey there!  I've got another Springtime card to show you.  I was inspired by some itty bitty notecards I saw in the monthly magazine we demos get.  I'm not always so inspired by stuff in there but, this month was very inspiring. 



Pocket Silhouettes, A Word for You and Flight of the Butterfly sets.  Wild wasabi, rose red and early espresso inks.  So saffron, early espresso and whisper white cardstock.  Scallop border punch, linen thread and dimensionals.

I stamped the plants using the Wild Wasabi, stamping each one 2 times.  So you get a darker one and a lighter one.  Gives it some depth. 

The card in the magazine used the Beautiful Wings Embosslit for the little butterfly but I don't own that......yet.  So I used what I do have.  The cute little butterfly in the Flight of the Butterfly set. 

Still cute.


I got the color combo from the color coach.  LOVE THAT THING!  Truly, at $14.95 its worth it. 



See that Creative Combination?  There ya go. 

Then I got to thinking.............my friend has that embosslit.  Could I borrow it?  Lucky for me, she said yes.



So what do you think?  I really like them both but I think I like this one just a little bit better.  Because the butterfly is a solid color it doesn't make the card too busy. 

The finished size is 3.25" x 5.5". 

Other news:  (you knew I had other news right?)   The boy is graduating this year.  I can hardly believe it. 

Tonight were the award announcements at school.  He got an invitation to attend.  Meaning that he was getting an award.  But they never tell you in the invite what the award is for. 

Was he interested in going?  That would be a big fat NO!  Nope, no way, he wasn't going. 

So I told the little poopyhead that he could go down to the school before the ceremony started and get his mother a program so I could see what his award was for.

He was announced as a Honor Graduate because of his GPA.  How great is that?  I'm not sure if he gets to wear something special or sit in a special section and of course he has no intention of finding out.  So I'll have to wait until graduation I guess. 

I'm so proud of him.  Seems like he was just 14 months old and getting kicked out of daycare for biting. 

He has turned out to be a wonderful young man and I love him so much.  Good thing he's going to live at home his first year of college.  I don't know how I'm going to let him go.  But thats my job and I will when the time comes.........I think.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'm going to go wallow in some baby pics now. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: