Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Mother's Day?

Well no, its not Mother's Day.  Although every day should be treated like Mother's Day........in my opinion.  Which I know doesn't mean much.........................anyway........

I wanted to show you a card I made around the time of Mother's Day.  But I didn't use it for that.  I must have made something else but honestly I don't remember what. 



Elements of Style and Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Crumb cake and very vanilla cardstock.  Soft suede and early espresso inks.  Baja breeze seam binding, big shot, Newprint DSP, designer frames embossing folder, neutrals buttons, sticky pearls, hemp, corner rounder and dimensionals. 

Isn't it pretty?  I had the idea of putting the pearls on the button to hide the hemp and afterward I decided they looked like eggs in a nest.  What do you think?  I might make this again using the bird from the Nature Walk set.

I used a sponge to darken up the raised dots on the frame. 

I gotta say again that I LOVE the new ink pads.  It was effortless to ink up that flower stamp and it showed all the detail.  Beautiful.




Here is something I think is funny, when I stamp I usually have on a movie.  Usually a movie I've seen a million times so I don't pay too much attention to it.  Or, one of the kids will have something on the tv back here that I know I won't watch too much. 

Whats funny is that even though I stamped this card a month ago I still remember what I was watching, The Princess and the Frog. I'd never seen it before and Grace had it on.  I watched it.  I liked it.  I taped it. 

So I can watch it again.

Do you guys remember what you were listening to/watching when you see a card you made a while ago? 

Okay, I checked an item off my summer to-do list.  I took pictures of all my retired stamp sets that I'd like to find new homes for.  Go check it out here.  On the blog its on the top left hand side.  I have some other things I'll be adding in a week or so.  Let me know if you'd like something.

Okie dokie, thats it for now.  Thanks so much for stopping by and keeping me company.

Blessings, b.

No comments: