Monday, November 11, 2013

snowflake wreath

Happy Veteran's Day!  Let me just say thank you to all the people who put their lives on the line every day to defend our country.  Thank you to their families too.  Its very humbling to really look at all the freedoms we enjoy every day.  Big cyber hugs to all of you!

So, I had my last class of the year on Friday.  We had a great time, but I'm sure the ladies are still cussing my name. I'm kidding.  I'm sure they never cuss ;)

Each card by itself wasn't too hard, but put them all in one class and they really got to feel like they got their monies worth. 

I loved each card we did this time.  Usually I will have a favorite.  But I like them all.  Here is the one we started with. 



Endless Wishes photopolymer and Greetings of the Season sets.  Crumb cake, real red, whisper white and old olive cardstock.  Basic grey, old olive and white craft inks.  Cherry cobbler seam binding, big shot, square lattice embossing folder, bird punch, pearls.


Now I purposely started out with this one because I thought it was the hardest.  Okay, not hardest but most involved.  Putting those berries on was going to take patience.  Grace and I punched them all out ahead of time otherwise my ladies would really be cussing my name.


We used a roll of masking tape to trace a circle on the base.  I LOVE the photopolymer stamps because you can see right through them.  Makes it really easy to stamp along the pencil line. 

We took the medium snowflake from the Endless Wishes set and stamped around the circle.  We then used the small snowflake to stamp around again in the whisper white craft ink. 



You can see the white here.  It just gave it a little more depth. 

We ended up using Early Espresso ink for the words because I thought it looked better than the Basic Grey.  We just attached the bow with a glue dot. 

I colored the pearls with a Sharpie.


See, not very hard just a little involved. 

Alrighty then, I'm on my way to Costco.  Blech!  Thanks so much for stopping by and getting comfy. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: