Thursday, November 14, 2013

to bling or not to bling..........

...........that is the question. 

I am not a blingy type of girl.  I don't wear jewelry.  Well, save my wedding ring and a pair of earrings my kids gave me a looooooong time ago. 

But I can appreciate pretty sparkly things. 

I wanted to do something sparkly for my last card class.  Because its not just all about me ;)

 
Christmas Collectibles, music wheel and Endless Wishes stamp sets.  Pool party, smoky slate and whisper white cardstock.  Pool party, smoky slate and real red inks.  Silver ribbon, silver glitter, 2 way glue pen, christmas ornament punch and white twine. 

Okay, confession time.  I had a heck of a time getting this card together.  I mussed and fussed and tried a ton of different color combos.  Just trying to get something sparkly. 

So I put it down and got out the colors I tend to use ad nauseam. 



Christmas Collectibles, music wheel and Endless Wishes stamp sets.   Cherry cobbler, whisper white and crumb cake cardstock.  Whisper white, cherry cobbler and old olive inks.  Christmas ornament punch, cherry cobbler twine and rhinestones. 


Now this puppy went together lickety split.  I even have a sparkly rhinestone in the center of the ornament.  I really like this card and may use it for my cards this year.  I might use Baked Brown Sugar cardstock instead though. 

So, I went back to the other color combos and came up with this Pool Party/Smoky Slate combo.



I took this pic after the class and you can see in the upper left corner that it somehow got a little red ink on there.  I know I should take pics before the class but I always forget.




Check out that bling!  The silver ribbon is really sparkly too.  The gold and silver glitter in the Holiday Catalog is really fine like the Dazzling Diamonds. 

Alrighty then, time to get some chores done before bed.  Thanks so much for stopping by. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: