Saturday, June 5, 2010

2 birthdays, coming right up!

Hey everyone!  Are you feeling the heat today?  They were predicting upper 90's - 100 this whole week coming up, but its only been in the lower 90's so far.  Gotta be thankful for the little things. 

I've been hiding out in my stamping corner this afternoon with Mr. Darcy anyway.  I needed to make 2 birthday cards and he helped tune out distractions.  Ahhh......Mr. Darcy.

I was planning on getting stampy last night but we decided to kick back and have s'mores by the fire again.  Downtime was muchly needed.  Although, I still didn't sleep well.

Like I said yesterday, I had a humdinger of a week.  Next week promises to be the same.  At least next week is the last week of school/work and then I can be less stressed.  Bring on the summer vacation!!  I have so much to do before then.

So anyway, my BIL and SIL have birthdays 4 days apart.  I will admit that in the past, before I became a stampy/crafty girl, that I might have maybe sent 1 card to celebrate both their birthdays.  I only did it once but you know.....still. 

Anyhow, here is my BIL's card



Lovely as a Tree, Sincere Salutations, Sanded and Woodgrain backgrounds.  Kraft (I have to get used to saying, Crumb Cake.....Crumb Cake....Crumb Cake), old olive and whisper white cardstock.  Versamark, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Whisper White and Old Olive inks.  Top note die, wide oval punch, linen thread, misc. button, clear embossing powder. 

I know, I know.  I know what you're saying, "Beth, haven't we seen enough of Lovely as a Tree lately?  Give it a rest girl!"

I had seen a card on Nichole Heady's blog and thought I could do the same thing with SU! stamps.  This technique is called Emboss Resist.  Just stamp your image in Versamark and then emboss with clear embossing powder and then sponge color over the top.  The embossed image will resist the ink.  Get it? 



Putting a button on there is still manly right?  It needed something.  I stamped the tag with the Sanded background too. 


Here is the card for my SIL




D is for Dog.  Kra....I mean, Crumb Cake, real red, basic black and whisper white cardstock.  Black Stazon, Versamark and whisper white inks.  Distresser from the cutter kit, circle scissor, silver brads, piercing tool and dimensionals.

I have a problem using the Crumb Cake cardstock.  I just love it and can't help myself.  It goes with everything!!! 

She loves dogs and while they have no children they do have a Bernese Mountain-mixed with something else-dog.  That is their baby and he is the sweetest dog! 



Now, I'm generally not in favor of floating dogs, but I couldn't think of anyway to ground him without making this circle look too busy.   Good thing Bernese Mountain dogs aren't afraid of flying.

I also stamped the paw print in Versamark on the red panel, but you can hardly see it. 

Alrighty then.  The BBQ is just about ready for me to fling some chicken on it.  I love BBQ.  I could BBQ everything.  I got some Kingman Mesquite Briquetts and they smell awesome! 

Have a wonderful rest of your day and thanks for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

2 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy and Lucky said...

Ok, let's try this again love your cards and love the stamp Lovely As A Tree, it can be used for so many things. The dog looks great, floating or not. Enjoy your summer.