Friday, June 11, 2010

Schools out for summer!

WOOHOO!!!  Summer vacation!  I'm heaving a huge sigh of relief.  Ahhhhhh.....................

Today was the first good day at work that I've had in over a month.  We hugged, we played games, we even sang songs.  It was bittersweet seeing my 6th graders go.  They have been the biggest pain all year but I love them.  I'm gonna miss them.  Well, most of them.    I'm making something to send each of them in the mail.  Everybody likes mail.  I'll show you when I get them done. 

I did get things made for Grace's teacher and Mr. Dale.  So cute!



Tart and Tangy and Trendy Trees sets.  Crumb cake, real red, basic black and whisper white cardstock.  Black Stazon, real red and whisper white inks.  Scallop edge punch, red gingham, corner rounder, round tab punch, slit punch, hemp and misc. button.

We bought her a mini rose plant and so I made a cute little pocket tag to go on it.  This measures 4 1/4" x 3".   




I used my markers to color the apple.



I added a Starbucks gift card to the other side.  She loves her Starbucks. 


For Mr. Dale, we got him something he can use at his cabin in Bishop.  I didn't want to make a card because it would squish his gift.  So I made a box.   I like making boxes.




                                       

Angler and Warmest Regards (both retired a looooooong time ago).  Soft suede, crumb cake, basic black and very vanilla cardstock.  Soft suede ink.  Lrg. oval punch, scallop oval punch, brads, hemp and dimensionals.


I tied it up with the hemp because I knew that when we gave it to him this morning, that he wouldn't be able to put it away right away, and I didn't want the box to open and lose his present. 

                                          
                                       

The box measures 4 x 4 x 1.  The lid measures 4 1/16 x 4 1/16 x 1/2.  This is just like the cupcake box but shorter.  See how easy it is to make a box in any size?  Let me know if you don't think its so easy. 



I cut a 3 3/4" square piece of very vanilla and drew a border around the edges and then the kids and I wrote him little notes.  Then I glued that into the bottom of the box. 

You can't see them but we gave him a few flies (to fish with, not real ones.  Please!) and a couple of coffee gift cards for the drive up to the cabin.  We'll miss him.


Since it was the last day of school, we went out to dinner at Islands to celebrate.  Yummy burgers!  And now I'm all fat and tired.  So the girls and I are watching the concert from the World Cup in South Africa.  I'll be in bed by 9:00 though.  Old lady here.

Thanks for stopping by.  I have another goodie to show you tomorrow.

Blessings, b.

No comments: