Monday, June 14, 2010

liar, liar, pants on fire!

I didn't really lie.  I just didn't do what I said I was going to do, that I wanted to do, but didn't do.  I said I was going to show you another project on Saturday but I didn't. 

We decided to watch Alice in Wonderland on PPV. Everyone said the movie was really good so we decided to give it a go.  It was pretty good.  Not at all what I expected. 

With that going on, I forgot all about the blog.  So today, the blog has been on my mind.  I want to show you my beautiful yet very simple card before the Bachelorette starts.  Come on, you know you're going to watch it too.

I also have another story to share with you too.  It involves pig.....pork?......porky?.......ham

Anyway here is my card



Watercolor Trio, Favorite Thoughts and Medallion stamps.  Crumb cake, perfect plum and whisper white cardstock.  Old olive and elegant eggplant markers, Black Stazon and sahara sand inks.  White taffeta ribbon, stampamajig and dimensionals.


Pretty huh?  These were so simple to make!  After I got the initial design down it took me literally 30 minutes to make 6 of them.  Quick and easy!  I used the markers to color in the flower part.  For the other leafy looking stamp, I inked it up in old olive and then stamped off on scratch paper, then stamped.




I just love this sentiment.  It cracks me up.  These were so simple to make, it would be easy to have a bunch on hand to send to someone for no special reason other than, you're thinking of them.  So tonight or tomorrow put this on your to-do list. 


Okay now, if you're a vegetarian or the thought of wrestling ham is offending or gross to you, then I'll see you tomorrow. 

But if you're like me, your average Joe, then maybe you can empathize.  I spared you any pictures.  You can thank me later.

One of the hubby's friends gave him a ham at Christmas.  I'm not talking about any ol' ham.  I'm talking Hercules!  This sucker was huge!

We were leaving the day after Christmas and I knew I wouldn't have time for a big Christmas dinner so I put Hercules in the garage freezer. 

I was taking inventory of the freezer the other day and decided to thaw Hercules out.  I lopped off a chunk and tonight we had a wonderful Christmas dinner.  Ham, scalloped potatoes, rolls and green beans.  YUM! 

Then the fun started.  Taking the ham apart.  UGH!!  30 minutes and 4 FULL gallon size baggies later, the ham is gone.  My question to you is:

What do I do with all this ham? 

I don't think I can refreeze it.  I've already emailed my cousin for the Ham Ball recipe.  What else do I do with it?  I mean you can only make so many ham sandwiches.  So please send me your ham recipes. 

Here is my recipe for ham my way: 

Tonight I just sliced the ham into ham steaks.  Well they weren't all steaks.  Some were just big pieces.  I'm not a butcher.  And after tonight, I don't want to be.

I browned them in a skillet and then made a sauce.

In a bowl mix together:
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp of dry mustard

After the ham was browned I poured the sauce mixture over the ham and then let it simmer on low for about 10-15 minutes until the potatoes were done.  YUMMY!

Alrighty, the Bachelorette has already started so I gotta go.  Help a girl out and send my your ham recipes.  My family and I will thank you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

2 comments:

Elin K. said...

I think you CAN refreeze it - but always preferable not to. :)

My fav leftover ham recipe is crepes. You just make a big pile of crepes (whatever recipe you like - I have an ancient french one, or you can use Julia Child's - just google it).

Then make a light cheddar cheese sauce and stir in chopped steamed asparagus and the ham cubes.

Roll a generous dollop of of the mix into each crepe and put them in a casserole dish enchilada style. Sprinkle a generous handful of parmesan cheese over the whole thing and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350. As my Grandma always said, "If y'all don't like it, you really are weird!" Seriously, it is so good. :)

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love the cards and it is just fine to sit and watch a movie and relax:) That sounds like a lot of ham. I never know what to do with the leftovers, that's when I Google.