Sunday, June 20, 2010

I need an intervention!!

I cannot seem to stop using Kraft (Crumb Cake) cardstock and Lovely as a Tree!  What is wrong with me?  Don't answer that.........

I'm getting ready to hang up Lovely as a Tree for awhile.  I just needed it one last time, for Fathers' Day cards.  Oh yeah, Happy Father's Day to all the daddies! 

I have not combed through the new catalog very closely yet but I don't recall seeing any new tree stamps that turned me on. Regardless, I'm putting it away for awhile.  I know, I just made you very happy, right?

But Kraft (Crumb Cake) I can't let go of.......ever!  It goes with everything.  How did I ever live without it?  I hope you don't mind.

I was going to post these cards last night in time for Father's Day today but, I ended up getting a migraine.  I don't know why.  So, I went to bed.  I feel much better today. 

So here ya go



Lovely as a Tree and Wonderful Favorites.  Crumb cake, basic black and soft suede cardstock.  Soft suede and black Stazon.  Kraft taffeta (retiring), hemp, misc. button, sponges and dimensionals.

For my dad and FIL.  These will get there late.  They expect that now.  If they ever got anything on time I'm sure they'd think something was wrong.  We did talk to both of them today and made sure they know how much we love them.

I stamped the tree full strength twice and then stamped twice more without reinking.  To give it a little depth. 



On the tag, I stamped the "wonderful" in soft suede and the "father" in black Stazon.  The base measures 4 1/4"  square so I had room to let the tag hang off a little and it still fit in the envelope. 


These would make great birthday cards too. 

So, we went and saw Toy Story 3 yesterday.  The boy was just 2 when Toy Story first came out and believe me, we had our fair share of  Toy Story stuff.  In fact, 15 has Toy Story sheets on her bed right now.  I'm Not Kidding! 

It was a good movie but let me warn you:  if you have a child that grew up with Toy Story and is maybe getting ready for college, bring some tissues.  OMG!  I get teary eyed just thinking that the boy only has 1 year of high school left and will be leaving for college, and thats what this movie is about.  I was a mess at the end.

While we were at the theater we also bought our Eclipse tickets for the midnight showing.  Not only did I buy Eclipse tickets but our theater is showing Twilight and New Moon beforehand.  So I bought those too.  Its going to be so much fun!   

Okie dokie.  Our daddy here is ready for some ice cream.  He worked hard today getting our bathroom back together from the leak.  He loves ice cream.  He thinks it deserves its own food group. 

Thanks for stopping by and give all the daddies you know an extra hug and a squeeze today. 

Blessings, b.





2 comments:

Elin K. said...

Nooooo!! If you give up Kraft and Lovely as a Tree what on earth will I CASE????

Don't quit! :)

Kathy and Lucky said...

But I love Lovely as a Tree, it makes such great cards, please don't hang it up :(. Love the card I think it is great.