Sunday, September 19, 2010

hello?.......hello?.......

are you still there?  So sorry for the absence.  Between the tension headaches and kids using the computer, I haven't been posting or stamping. 

But, I have to say that I got such warm fuzzies when I looked at the blog stats today.  Even though I haven't been around this week, you guys keep checking in.  I can't tell you how much that means to me.  Thank you so much for your patience.  You guys rock!

I am having a smallish card class on October 2nd, World Card Making Day.  We are going to make 5 cards and I've been thinking of what we will be making.  Today I finally got to sit down and play with all those new goodies. 

Here is one I think we'll be doing. 


Elements of Style and A Word for You sets.  Crumb cake, basic black and pure poppy cardstock.  Crumb cake and black Stazon inks.  Beautiful butterflies die, big shot, vintage embossing folder, double ribbon punch, cropodile, hemp, scallop edge punch, Newsprint DSP, rhinestones, corner rounder punch and dimensionals. 

I love how that butterfly just POPS off the card.  I knew I wanted to use a tag.  They seem to be popular right now.  And you know me, I'm like so hip with the current trends.........NOT!  I originally had out different stamps and colors but they just weren't working for me. 

So back to the old stand by.  Crumb Cake.......I love you. 


Check out the details here: 

*Double ribbon punch.  I love it!  I thought it might be hard to use because of so many little pieces but it was easy. 

*Beautiful Butterflies die.  I'm so behind the times, I know.  But hey, I got there didn't I?  Love that Poppy Parade color. 

*Vintage embossing folder on the butterfly.  So pretty! 

*New sticky Rhinestones!  I'm really not a bling kind of girl, I don't do much jewerly or dressing up or anything.  But they are so affordable now and they stick really good.  Very excellent for seeing how you would look with your nose pierced.  Not that I tried that or anything.........

Alrighty then, I have one more pic to show you:




NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

I finally am seeing the fruits of my labor.  I've pulled 2 more zucchini and 2 more yellow squash since this pic was taken.  They are delicious too.  I also have at least 4 tomatoes growing and the bell peppers are going like crazy.  Finally the cucumbers are growing little babies.  Maybe I was expecting too much too early. 

I'm getting ready to pull the strawberries out and plant broccoli and carrots.  Once the tomato dies off I'll be planting onions.  I've learned so much this summer that I hope next summer things really start with a bang. 

Okay, I promise to be around more this week. 

Thanks for stopping by and being patient.  Thank you.

Blessings, b.

No comments: