Tuesday, September 7, 2010

LIfe is good

What a beautiful day we had today!  The weather was just awesome.  I hope you had wonderful weather wherever you are.  I know it won't last but I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can. 

Another reason it was a beautiful day was because everyone in the family got good news today: 

  • 16 got an A+ on her clay mask.

  • The boy got an A on his calculus test.  The highest in all the calculus classes.
 
  • Grace got an A on her spelling and vocab. test.

  • The hubs got a note from his area manager about how wonderful he is.

  • We got news that Conway Trucking is donating a tractor to pull our trailer for the band to all the tournaments.  YAY Conway!

  • And my good news actually came a few days ago, I won a contest on Shelli's blog!  You know Shelli, co-founder of Stampin' Up!  and all around wonderful person?  Yep, she picked my project.  WooHoo!  Now I get to pick a free stamp set.  Which one should I get?  Decisions, decisions.......

To celebrate, everyone got to have ice cream.  We have a "no dessert rule" on week nights but today was special.  I even had some. 

I also decided to sit down and finish a project I've been working on.  This whole weekend, every time I sat down and wanted to stamp, I kept thinking of ideas for the cool and  wonderful stuff that is coming....hopefully Friday. 

So again, I went through my inspiration file.  I found a card by Teri Anderson (you can google her) that I had an idea for. 



Lovely as a Tree and God's Blessings.  Crumb cake, old olive, soft suede, early espresso, whisper white and watercolor paper.  Old olive, sahara sand, soft suede, choc. chip and black Stazon inks.  Stampamajig, square lattice embossing folder, aquapainter, hemp and dimensionals.


Okay, you knew Lovely as a Tree couldn't stay in retirement forever, didn't ya?  I love it too much.  Teri's card was a sympathy card.  I can't make one of those unless I absolutely need it.  Because everytime I make one "just to have", someone dies......like immediately.  I don't feel like dragging that weight around....geez. 



This is the first one I made.  I like it.  Very simple yet very nice.  Again, I sponged the lattice part to make the design pop.  I stamped the whole tree in Old Olive and then used my Choc. Chip marker for the trunk.  Then I stamped it and then stamped off once and then stamped on the cardstock again to get a really light image. 


But my favorite way to use Lovely as a Tree is to watercolor it.  So of course I had to do one that way too.  I stamped the tree in black Stazon on the watercolor paper and colored it in using my ink pads and aquapainter. 


I used Sahara Sand around the outside of the tree.  I can see I need to adjust the Sahara Sand.  Its not very even at all.  I like them both.  But I think I like this one just a little bit more. 


Alrighty then.  Grace made a special card just for fun yesterday.  She is still deciding on whether I can show you or not.  I think its great but we'll see what she decides. 

Thanks for stopping by and for all the congrats on winning Shelli's contest.  You guys are the best. 

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Mel Barwise said...

Oh I just love this!!
Makes me wish we {Aussie SU! Demo's} had these products in our catty!
Just lovely!

MB xx