Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dec. daily 18 - 25

Before I get started today let me just say one thing, Downton Abbey

OMG!  Its even better than last season......and longer.  2 hours!  I'm loving it!

Okay, let me say one more thing, Matthew.........sigh.

Alright I'm done.  Go watch it.  Trust me, you'll love it too.



Day 18



Day 19


This page is a slightly different size.  I wanted to scallop the edge and use the round tab punch but didn't want it to stick out farther than the other pages.  So I cut off 1/2".  Since I didn't have a picture for the day it worked just fine.

Day 20


Day 21



Day 22



 

Day 23




Day 24 left side


 
Day 24 right side



 
Day 25 left side




Day 25 right side




Day 25 backside




All pages use a variety of these products:

Classic Numbers (retired) and Fabulous Phrases.  Garden green, riding hood red, crumb cake and natuals white cardstock.  Riding hood red and garden green inks.  Big shot, label framelits, hemp, round tab punch, black journaler, scallop border punch, 3/4" and 1" circle punches, wide oval punch, and dimensionals.



This is what it looks like from the side.  I used book rings to bind it. 

So what did I like this year and what do I plan on changing for next? 
  • I liked the size, 5.5 x 8.5.  I like being able to make one cut and have 2 pages.  No waste that way.
  • I like that I stuck to just a few colors.  
  • I'm not so sure I like using just 1 pic per day.  Then again, there were quite a few days that I took no pics.  
  • I didn't like how so inconsistent I was in keeping up with it daily.  
Next year:
  • I plan on journaling EVERY DAY.  No matter what.  This year I did write down a subject to write about but not the story.  Since I had to go back and play catch up, I know I missed out on a bunch of stories I would have liked to tell.  bad, bad, bad.
  • I'd like to be a little more creative in adding more pics.  This will take lots of pre-thinking/designing on my part, but it will be worth it. 

Overall, I love this project.  I really do.  Even though I didn't get to tell as many stories as I would like, it will still be a family treasure.  

I hope next year you join me.  

Thanks for stopping by.  I have some non-holiday projects up my sleeve coming soon.

Blessings, b. 



No comments: