Tuesday, January 24, 2012

up, up and away........

.......in my beautiful balloon......... 


Hey there! 

Before I show you my card today I have a little story to share.  I wanted to show you the card set I made for my awesome SIL for Christmas.  I used the set Up, Up and Away for it.  

Well, everytime I look at this set, the song Up, Up and Away by the 5th Dimension comes to mind.  Just like how everytime I go onto the Bank of America site I end up singing the words "Bank of America" to the tune of Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine which coincidentally is also by the 5th Dimension.  I didn't realize I knew so many 5th Dimension songs.  I can remember going to my friend's house when we were kids and playing the record and lip syncing for our parents................ 


Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because I wondered if I had the lyrics right because I wanted to use them for the title of this post.  So I Googled them.  I didn't remember who sang this song so I just Googled "Up Up and away".  Well, a certain artist (if you can call him that) came up and I thought, "hmm....maybe he redid it" and I clicked on the link to see the lyrics....................HOLY COW!  How are these people allowed to put this kind of stuff on the radio?  I'm not embarrassed to say I was shocked.  It explains alot.  Don't Google it.   Just don't. 

Alrighty then.  Let me show you my cards. 



Up, Up and Away and Fabulous Phrases.  Crumb cake and whisper white cardstock.  Tangerine tango, pumpkin pie, bashful blue, early espresso, black Stazon, poppy parade and daffodil delight inks.  Brights DSP, scallop border punch, bakers twine, sponging and dimensionals.


I love my SIL.  She is such a funny person and we have a blast together.  So I wanted to make a card that was more her style.  I liked the design I used on Mother's card and figured, "why reinvent the wheel?" 




Dark picture again......sorry.   You can see here how to do the clouds.  They're easy.



You can see here where I fluffed the scallops.  Fluffy Scallops!



After looking at the finished cards a few days later, I decided it would be better if they had a little more color.  So I did the balloons differently.  What do you think? 


So did you watch Downton Abbey?  I wanted so bad for Mary to just run and give Matthew a big hug and tell him that she loves him.  Oh well.........

Alrighty then, after rereading this I think maybe I shouldn't try and blog when I'm home alone.  I'm much too wordy.  But there it is...........just keeping it real.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: